Starting Class 2 Training

Just wanted to say thanks to you all for the help & advice with regards to my theory test. Passed, 35 out of 35! :smiley:

I am starting a 7 day, LGV C course with J Coates this coming friday. Cant wait! :sunglasses:

Good luck with the training and test :smiley:

Best of luck, let us know how you get on !!

All the best of luck with your training. I have only recently been trained and passed test. Just relax and take it steady, think ā€œtruckā€ before you carry out any action on the road. I did a weeks course Mon-Sat and found that it really only started to come together on the Thursday test was on Sat morning and I passed first time. Dont worry your instructor will show you all the traps on the test routes, most of all you will enjoy it.
Cheers
Ant

Good luck fella!

Good luck with the training. Youā€™ll probably find that the first day or two will be fairly easy so you pick up confidence, but try not to get over confident as it will start to get harder for the next couple of days. Then it will start to come together.
Try not to let it get you down when things donā€™t go as they should, or as you think they should.
When I started I wrote a story about it up to the point where I started training properly wish Iā€™d kept it up till I finished. Mind it would have been a long story if I had. :wink:

Good luck Toploader. I feel your pain, I start my Class2 Sunday. I got 35 on the theory, but only managed 57 on the hazard. How did you fare?

Thanks for all the support guys, I will post how I am getting on. Oh, and if your around Leicester on fridayā€¦ WATCH OUT! lol :laughing:

Rewmer, I got the same on the computer game bit. :smiley: Ithink part of my problem was that I was clicking too early worrying about getting the highest score. Also, I was scared of it giving me zero for cheating. :unamused:

Thats exactly how I felt. Managed to score 5 on 7 clips but scored 0 on 2 clips!
Stupid gameā€¦If it had been Tomb Raider I would have aced itā€¦

Good luck Toploader, let us know how it goes mate :wink: :laughing:

Goodluck with the training mateā€¦

Best of luck with your training and test Toploader.

Started my training today. Just me & the instructor for the duration of the course so only 4-5 hrs a day. My test is on the 20th, will let you know how I get on.

Thanks guys & gals. :smiley:

Well done!

I too got 35 on the theory test, frankly i think youā€™d have to be pretty dim to fail that apart of it! Way too easy to be of any use IMO!

I think i only passed the haz per by 1 point though! It does make you think about hazards and improve you observation, but the whole clicking side of it is pretty poor, i mean the fact that you can gain no points by clicking too early ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– !

I agree dennis, it was easy. After reading the theory book from cover to cover twice before the test I was a little worried about how I would fare.

On the day they seemed to use only the easiest questions from the book. :open_mouth:

Hello all I was wondering if you could help me. I am looking to take my class 2 early next year and change my current job. Could any of you recommend a driver training centre in the West Kent or East Sussex area?

Good lick on Tuesday, Toploader. Ive got my re-test the same day at Purfleet. Failed the first one on a stupid hesitation at a filter left traffic light. Was so wound up about the test couldnt think straight.
If I could give any advice it would be to try and forget the examiner is there (easier said than done I know).
Also watch out for ā€œfollow the road aheadā€ on duel carriagways, nearly got caught on this one, where the left hand lane was a dedicated slip. Dont forget mirrors, mirrors , mirrors , mirrors , mirrors , mirrors, before you take any action - mirrors, big exaggerated head movents so he doesnt miss any mirror checks. Good luck again.

ā€œBig exaggerated head movementsā€ is that when you headbut the examiner :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :wink:

Thanks again guys, will post here on tuesday. I am feeling quite confident, and have had the ā€œbig exaggerated head movementsā€ drummed into me now! :laughing:

Doing a final practice on the reverse & braking exercises tomorrow. Got the gear change exercise down to a tea now the truck actually stays in gear! lol :smiley: