Start tramping again, What do you guys use for data?

Hiya, yes the app runs on the host phone, and sets up a WiFi hotspot which anything can connect to (subject to password obviously). I use an android tablet as well (tesco hudl), but have also used a windows laptop on it. Haven’t tried an iPhone/iPad, but can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work.

I’m on ee & I think the network & customer service is terrible. It’s very expensive as well. They are now advertising a sim with 200gig data for a tenner on Facebook , not sure how bs free that is…

I’m with EE and share sims with my iPhone & iPad. I’m on a 20gb data contract and find I never go over that even when I watch movies most days/nights.

Pimpdaddy:
I’m on ee & I think the network & customer service is terrible. It’s very expensive as well. They are now advertising a sim with 200gig data for a tenner on Facebook , not sure how bs free that is…

EE are currently doing a PAYG SIM PAYG promo for £10 top up, and you can get 100Gb of 4G data. shop.ee.co.uk/campaigns/limited- … =Affiliate
If found the story here: thinkbroadband.com/news/6963 … obile.html

Jamiemufu:
Hey all

As title suggests. Start traming again soon. Taking tablet as cant have inverter for TV etc as pet reg truck. What do you lot use for data? I will be using tablet for TV, Netflix and various movie sites around.

Get a couple of books every week from the charity shop. Stop turning your brain to mush. !!

peirre:

Pimpdaddy:

EE are currently doing a PAYG SIM PAYG promo for £10 top up, and you can get 100Gb of 4G data. shop.ee.co.uk/campaigns/limited- … =Affiliate
If found the story here: thinkbroadband.com/news/6963 … obile.html

^^^ This^^^

Bargain, and AFAIK, it will work in a MiFi device too!

For a short 2 month solution it’s ideal if your not both bothered about retaining the phone number, as I doubt they’ll figure you’ll use 100Gb in 2 months, EE tend to do these huge data promo’s every few months. This one is aimed at the festival crowd, and if you order a SIM they enter you in a draw to win tickets for Glastonbury

I actually got 2 of these SIM cards

bump
EE have another of these £10 100Gb of data PAYG Sim deal promo’s running
shop.ee.co.uk/campaigns/summer-s … =Affiliate
Offer ends 31st August

I use a phablet for everything . have 3 unlimited sim for calls . data snd tethering . 4G too . had this few years and is £18 . more now and tethering limit .

However use ‘FoxFi’ at home for laptop broadband etc .
Has limit but never reached it

Just google ‘FoxFi’ and will give u list of alternatives for apple and old android

peirre:
bump
EE have another of these £10 100Gb of data PAYG Sim deal promo’s running
shop.ee.co.uk/campaigns/summer-s … =Affiliate
Offer ends 31st August

As above another EE sim deal
shop.ee.co.uk/campaigns/christma … =Affiliate

Would recommend EE’s current deal. £10 top up gets you 100gb of data for November, then another 100gb for December.

They did it earlier this year and it worked a treat for me. Just stuck it into one of their osprey router things and it’s never failed to get a decent signal. After it runs out, 3 seem to be the best for a sim only deal with loads of data. I believe, if you look on eBay, you can get those EE osprey things unlocked so they’ll take any SIM card.

I remember the good old days when we were too tired to watch TV after pressing clutches and changing gears all day !!!

Being the old-hat refusnik I am - I still seethis as data…

Have we slipped into a parallel universe where lorry drivers don’t exist and the inmates are talking some weird alien diallect

Glossary of terms

tablets taken to help cure a malady
hotspot where you could soak up some of the rays of our wonderful sun, not the printed rag
buzzards and osprays (osprey?) were a wondrous sight before they concreted over the country
app nope
data oft used word to enable officials to hide behind and to exceed their authority at other times see also android
giffgaff nope
tether a horse for example tied to a rope long enough to allow it to feed from a radius and no more
dongle bit rude that reminds one of dangleberries
android a robitised independently powered device of similar appearance to a strange human, one such sci fi creation was called data see also data
gig a music or other festival or concert
phablet nope
foxfi nope

Load of cobblers, a night out worth having involves finding a quiet ■■■■■■■■■■■■ within walking distance of a nice pub, leaving the tin can for a few hours rest recuperation and a good perv at the local ladies.

Juddian:
Have we slipped into a parallel universe where lorry drivers don’t exist and the inmates are talking some weird alien diallect

Glossary of terms

tablets taken to help cure a malady
hotspot where you could soak up some of the rays of our wonderful sun, not the printed rag
buzzards and osprays (osprey?) were a wondrous sight before they concreted over the country
app nope
data oft used word to enable officials to hide behind and to exceed their authority at other times see also android
giffgaff nope
tether a horse for example tied to a rope long enough to allow it to feed from a radius and no more
dongle bit rude that reminds one of dangleberries
android a robitised independently powered device of similar appearance to a strange human, one such sci fi creation was called data see also data
gig a music or other festival or concert
phablet nope
foxfi nope

Load of cobblers, a night out worth having involves finding a quiet ■■■■■■■■■■■■ within walking distance of a nice pub, leaving the tin can for a few hours rest recuperation and a good perv at the local ladies.

Juddian mate, seriously? You are telling me that in 30plus years of tramping you have never tethered your giffgaff with a buzzard, and foxfied your phablet app while having a hotspot playing with your dongle? :open_mouth: and you call yourself a ■■■■ driver? :unamused: What’s wrong with you man.

After reading all this stuff it has suddenly dawned on me like some kind of revelation, that I am at the stage now where I no longer have much in common with most of my fellow drivers. :cry:
I am in the park up, pub and meal camp, not the lay by and vegetate camp But hey, each to his own… :smiley:

robroy:
I am in the park up, pub and meal camp, not the lay by and vegetate camp But hey, each to his own… :smiley:

You must have a laid back employer who let’s you get on with with your own things.

Pimpdaddy:

robroy:

You must have a laid back employer who let’s you get on with with your own things.

I didn’t say I went to the pub in work time mate, I’m on about when I park up for the night …ie.my own time.
So it’s got nothing to do with my employer, so not sure what you are getting at :neutral_face:

Not necessarily Pimp me old mate, the driver is still at the wheel, the driver decides where he’s stopping and what he’ll do with his spare time, even if the company specify MSA parking as some do there are certain ones within a gentle stroll of a pub that does food, Cardiff Gate springs to mind as one of my regular stops when i did Sth Wales runs, park up wash and brush up and into the Toby, pint and carvery, read of a good book or chat with someone like minded for a couple of restful hours, its what the job used to be and still can be if drivers can get away from this daft running till the last bloody minute then having to park a yard from a bloody main A road dual carriageway, they’ve become part of the machine.

robroy:
I didn’t say I went to the pub in work time mate, I’m on about when I park up for the night …ie.my own time.
So it’s got nothing to do with my employer, so not sure what you are getting at :neutral_face:

I know you didn’t say that but some hauliers give you 18hrs worth of work in your day, get messed about in rdc etc so you can’t really plan your down time or where you park.