start tomorrow

Hey guys and girls as says above. Start at 8am in the morning. Just back from signing up with driver hire. Its only few days on 7.5 ton. Deliveryn tyres. Its kind of like a kwikfit here in ireland but have vans and 7.5 ton also. Nervous as hell!! Dont know what to expect. Any advice guys :blush:

Hi Davey

Remember what your instructor taught you, and take your time give yourself plenty of time before you start your day, ask questions about load and route have a look at the paper work first, not while your driving. Plan it with your map or sat-nav and don’t rush tell people its your first day as they maybe waiting for you.
After your first day your confidence will be much better and you will be buzzing to do it all again.
I’ve seen your previous posts and you deserve a chance. Get through the first day and you won’t look back.

Keep us informed
Good luck

David

hope you have a sat nav :wink:

Thanks alot david for your advice bud. Ill just take my time. Plan ahead. Cheers buddy. Yes sweeper mate i bought truck one 2 weeks ago. Thats main piece of kit i wanted :laughing: . New gripbag and work trousers. Still waiting on my boots from amazon :laughing: . Lucky enough pair there anyway. Suppose its natural to be nervous :slight_smile:

Hi Davy
Well done on the job, as said take your time its not a race you can never ask too many questions, if they make a comment about asking too many just say you want to get it right as its your first day.
I have had my hgv years and when I get a shop I haven’t done before I ask one of the lads whos done it and we help each other.
Good luck tomorrow

Jeff

Good to see you got a job just take your time and stay cam is it in Belfast

Thanks daytrucker. I just hope it runs smoothly. Im not worryed about the driving its tacographs etc. Ill take my first 15min break around 2 hours driving. Does it automatic reset itself until the next 4 half driving? Yes irishlorries its for mcgowans tyres :smiley:

Bring a map too

Davy
If you have your first 15 mins break after 2 hours thats fine if its a digi tacho the break you take will show on the dash and your driving time will still be the same until you have your second break of 30 mins to take your break to 45 minutes only then will your driving time reset to zero.
Just to be safe have 35 minutes not 30 if you have 30 and change it to cross hammers soon as it changes to 30 minutes depends which part of the minute it changed could register either 44 or 45 and for 5 minutes extra its 1 less thing to worry about.

Jeff

Thanks jeff. Do you go by the time on the tacograph?

Or you could get a notice pad and right down what time and how long your going to take your breaks

I go by the driving time on the tacho which should be displayed on the dash or if not do a tacho printout when on your first break it will give the driving time below the list of activities next to the driving symbol.

Also watch your working time break 6 hours after your start of shift.

Jeff.

irish lorries:
Or you could get a notice pad and right down what time and how long your going to take your breaks

^^^^^^^ this

Ive heard somthing about that 6 hours. Whats that?

Working time directive is that you have to have 30 mins break before 6 hours after your shift starts,
Its part of the cpc course if you have your 45 minute driving break before 6 hours it also counts as wtd.
Then you have to have another 30 mins break before 6 hours is up after your 45 driving break has finished.
Basically you have to have a 30 mins break for every 6 hours you work irrespective of driving time used.

Jeff.

I find it bit confusing :laughing:

davy1111:
I find it bit confusing :laughing:

Glad I’m not the only one :laughing:

:laughing:

You going to truckfest this week end

No mate. Would love to but just tryn get stuck into this work and hope agency keeps getting me work. Seen it advertist few times