Start times

Evening all, just awaken from my slumber to go to work. A 00:00 start. Not bad for a day tramper! Thinking about going on nights at least I’ll do some driving in the day time then! Think my planner realised my dis pleasure with the tyrade of four letter expletives I hurled down the phone at him! Not a happy boy today

Still on with RB then!

On the agency last week I started at 10am Monday, 6am Wednesday, 6.30am Thursday, 4am Friday and 00:45am Sunday. All that coupled with no drivers allowed to sit in their cabs is making for a more and more tired driver community. More and more work is going 24 hour and times are going silly. What might be health & safety for the RDC may turn out to be a multiple accident caused by driver fatigue 2 hours later on the motorway.

Coastlinertoddy:
Evening all, just awaken from my slumber to go to work. A 00:00 start. Not bad for a day tramper! Thinking about going on nights at least I’ll do some driving in the day time then! Think my planner realised my dis pleasure with the tyrade of four letter expletives I hurled down the phone at him! Not a happy boy today

By the way, you can refuse ! I only done it last week due to the lack of work in January, so took it just incase there wasn’t anything at a later time than 00:45am

Our industry reckons nightime is 4hrs long, if the powers that be also agree nightime is 4hrs long then you have to excuse me why I don’t take trucking seriously! Who let this happen was it the good old boys of the 70s who used to drive for ever off the card or so they say :neutral_face:

Used to leave at midnight for a scotch run in the good old days.

peak_46:
Still on with RB then!

How’d you guess lol :slight_smile:

chester:
Our industry reckons nightime is 4hrs long, if the powers that be also agree nightime is 4hrs long then you have to excuse me why I don’t take trucking seriously! Who let this happen was it the good old boys of the 70s who used to drive for ever off the card or so they say :neutral_face:

+1

Coastlinertoddy:

peak_46:
Still on with RB then!

How’d you guess lol :slight_smile:

white fridges? :open_mouth: fat polar bear? :unamused: beside A1 north,boroughbridge? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: tossers, just refuse! :sunglasses:

Saaamon:

chester:
good old boys of the 70s who used to drive for ever off the card or so they say :neutral_face:

+1

still goes on to this day! :open_mouth: got to know what you’re looking for! :unamused: Digi plus anologue :sunglasses: oooopppppssssss there goes the frisbee! :laughing: back on the Digi! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

There seems to be a bit of a pattern emerging!

SB

Sounds like our place…‘Early’ drivers start anytime from 2000 through to 0700 then the ‘Late’ drivers start from 0700 through to 1700…Early drivers work Mon-Fri and Late drivers work Sun-Thurs.An average week can be …
Mon 0045 start
Tues 0230 start
Weds 0345 start
Thurs 0200 start
Fri 0130 start :open_mouth:

3am for me all week,happy enough with that,4am tomorrow though,my choice o/t :sunglasses:

nothing will change until the law changes on drivers hours.

Kerbdog:
What might be health & safety for the RDC may turn out to be a multiple accident caused by driver fatigue 2 hours later on the motorway.

Of course, should that ever happen, it will be your fault for your non-compliance with xxxx.

Health & Safety is an industry all on its own now, and is completely untouchable.

Stan

Kerbdog:
On the agency last week I started at 10am Monday, 6am Wednesday, 6.30am Thursday, 4am Friday and 00:45am Sunday. All that coupled with no drivers allowed to sit in their cabs is making for a more and more tired driver community. More and more work is going 24 hour and times are going silly. What might be health & safety for the RDC may turn out to be a multiple accident caused by driver fatigue 2 hours later on the motorway.

This post says all I want to say and sums up the daftness of our job perfectly. Well said that man.

Stanley Knife:

Kerbdog:
What might be health & safety for the RDC may turn out to be a multiple accident caused by driver fatigue 2 hours later on the motorway.

Of course, should that ever happen, it will be your fault for your non-compliance with xxxx.

Stan

i,ve seen it all now, kisses at the end of a trucknet post :open_mouth:

getting more like facebook everyday on here :laughing: ■■

chaversdad:

Stanley Knife:

Kerbdog:

Stan

i,ve seen it all now, kisses at the end of a trucknet post :open_mouth:

getting more like facebook everyday on here :laughing: ■■

Billy likes this :grimacing:

There is a big meeting tomorrow at my depot about start times, think some heads will be getting cracked. The natives are restless :laughing:

Yep, this WTD lark is definitely designed to cut driver fatigue. So you’re coming back to the yard with plenty of driving time left, but you have to pull up and sit twiddling your thumbs in a lay-by two miles short of the depot for fifteen minutes. Very conducive to a decent night’s rest!

You can bet your life if management had to jump through all the hoops that we do, detailing every time they ■■■■, scratch their arses or pick their nose and making ■■■■ sure they do it within a specified time on pain of a disciplinary, they wouldn’t be so keen to foist it on the drivers!