Start of the journey to getting my C

Evening all,

Thought I would start a thread on the journey to getting my C licence.

For anyone interested, I got my B in August 2011 when I was 17 (19 now).

Had my medical today which cost me £55. If anyone in the South Wales area wants the details let me know as my local GP wanted £120.

Form in the post tomorrow with both parts of my licence and then I wait!

Practising theory from here on in at the moment and seem to be passing the mock tests. :slight_smile:

I’m sure i’ll be asking more questions a long the way! :grimacing:

Cheers

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Standard advice: avoid brokers (put the name on here and you’ll soon find out if they are a broker) and go direct to a trainer. Always visit the trainer, look at the truck/s and make sure you’re comfortable that it’s a professional set up.

The only exception to this is booking on rock-solid recomendation. eg we have a steady stream of folks from all over the UK, some of whom are regular contributors on here.

You might be interested to know that instructors do NOT have to be registered or qualified. There is a voluntary register operated by the Driving Standards Agency.

Any questions, fire away. And all the best with your training and test.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Just re-read the OP. Interesting that you’re from South Wales. I currently have a lady from the Swansea area doing a residential course for coach driving who has already been for CAT C and CE with us. So she obviously thought it was worth the 3 trips!

What doctor because this site has a list of such ?

You can do all 3 theory tests on the same day
1a 1b and 2

Ask about module 4 costs when you speak to a provider face to face

Cheers for the welcome guys.

Doctor is not on the list from the forum. Got him from a mate of mine who has been a Class 1 for over 20 years.

Searched the training provider name on here and he’s fine. On the ‘approved’ list that is here too :slight_smile: D H Jones driver training.

Plan to do 1a/b and 2 at the same time.

ROG, I assume you’re the same ROG on Pistonheads too?

Don’t recall hearing any negative reports about DH Jones so that’s good. The web site is a bit underwhelming! And do they actually have the Stralis that’s shown?

For the C they use & this is the only artic i’ve seen, but there could be more?

Can’t wait now! :slight_smile:

43034:
ROG, I assume you’re the same ROG on Pistonheads too?

Yup :smiley:

Good luck!

Thought I’d update this, got my Theory, HP, and CPC Mod 2 all on the 22nd of August.

I plan on using drivingtheory4all.co.uk/Publ … t-home.htm - Anyone have any info on them and should I take my money elsewhere? Seems like a good set up to me!

Time to get serious. :grimacing:

I bought these:
ebay.co.uk/itm/COMPLETE-LGV- … 565885e0a7
ebay.co.uk/itm/Official-DSA- … 58a2303661
98% theory pass
85 HP pass

Well done and congratulations another step complete :smiley: :smiley:

mine test is on 22nd august as well theory, Hazard perception, And MOD 2, Good luck to you have you read anything for Mod 2 yet if yes then please tell me where from any website or what else thx.

yas4u:
mine test is on 22nd august as well theory, Hazard perception, And MOD 2, Good luck to you have you read anything for Mod 2 yet if yes then please tell me where from any website or what else thx.

Mine Mod 2 test is on 21st of august. I have been tried free trial on this web site
drivingtheory4all.co.uk/publ … er-CPC.htm
I found it easy enaught so didn’t spend money for full acess.

Cheers guys.

That’s what I’ve been using ^ the theory4all site. Seems good!

Theory and CPC Mod 2 tomorrow! Nervous…!

Anyone got any way I can remember that black is emergency and red is air Suzis? Get them mixed up all the time!

Other way round I meant!! :grimacing:

Passed!!

In for 0800, out by 0915!

Well chuffed :grimacing: :grimacing:

Congrats!
Well done!

:smiley: :smiley: