Start of new driving week

Hi all,
I am after some advice. If you have used your 2* 10 hour drives for 1 week when do they start again, i am sure its on a monday at 0000.
if you drive on a sunday night over 10 hours drive going over to monday morning will they be reset so when you get back to yard you will only have 1 left for the week and not 2 is that correct or am i wrong.

Thanks

julian.dale:
Hi all,
I am after some advice. If you have used your 2* 10 hour drives for 1 week when do they start again, i am sure its on a monday at 0000.
if you drive on a sunday night over 10 hours drive going over to monday morning will they be reset so when you get back to yard you will only have 1 left for the week and not 2 is that correct or am i wrong.

Thanks

you can only do 2 10 hour drives in a fixed week mon 00.00 to sun 24.00

i would think tat if you did driver on Sunday and worked in to Monday and it was a 10 hour drive that would be one of your new ones for that week

please also note the rolling fortnight as to be 90 hours IE week 1 45 week two 45 week, two 45 week three say you did 34 that week, week three 34 week four could be 56 and the next week would have to be 34

so what ever you did last week as to be added to this week and there total must no be more than 90 hours

julian.dale:
Hi all,

Correct the new week begins at 00:00 Monday.

julian.dale:

Thanks

The regulations say “the daily driving time may be extended to at most 10 hours not more than twice during the week”.

I would say that if the 9 hours driving time finished after 24:00 Sunday then the extension would definitely count for week 2 (the new week).

However if the 9 hours driving time finished and was extended before 24:00 Sunday then I would say it would count for week 1.

Thanks again for all your replies. I wasnt sure, so i thought i would ask. better asking then getting pulled by vosa or worse sacked

tachograph:
The regulations say “the daily driving time may be extended to at most 10 hours not more than twice during the week”.

I would say that if the 9 hours driving time finished after 24:00 Sunday then the extension would definitely count for week 2 (the new week).

However if the 9 hours driving time finished and was extended before 24:00 Sunday then I would say it would count for week 1.

Where the extra 1 hour (over the 9) starts will determine which week it goes into

• have I got that right :question:

ROG:

tachograph:

Where the extra 1 hour (over the 9) starts will determine which week it goes into

• have I got that right :question:

I would say so but others may see it differently :wink:

I’m sure this has been discussed before if you care to search for it, sorry but I don’t have time right now.