Start my Cat C on Monday

Hi Guys. Bit the bullet after years of wanting to do my HGV, more of a “Bucket” list thing but also for options in a few years when i’ve had enough of what i’m doing now, so will probably do some part time to keep my hand in as it were.

Had an “Assessment run” yesterday in a Scania semi-auto, which was good as it was full size as opposed to another assessment i had in a MAN that was more like an extended 7 1/2 tonner. To my mind if i’m going to drive a full size lorry may as well learn in one.

Not sure what model it was but one with a normal clutch and a stick on the right of the steering column to select drive.

Felt a bit odd, and as for the assessment, well my positioning was not great to say the least to close to the kerb and then to the centre i seem to pull out to avoid something then drift back and as my instructor said i need to slow down, as i’m approaching things a bit too quickly (maybe nerves or thinking back to my Motorcycle days when you had to keep pace with the traffic lol).

Anyway somethi things to work on, oh and i take roundabouts like a 50p piece, i’m thinking that maybe due to slipping the steering wheel through my hands like you had to do on your car test, i presume its the same for HGV?

Anywa start Monday, test on Friday, will see how it goes :slight_smile:

If anyone has any advice to throw my way especially about the Semi-auto gearbox please do, Many thanks in advance.

Check out the link in my signature below

Who did you decide to train with ?

Hi Rog,
Thanks for the Link. Training with Neil Codd at Hucknall.

flybynight200000:
Hi Rog,
Thanks for the Link. Training with Neil Codd at Hucknall.

neil-codd-training.co.uk/prices/ - never heard of them so your training blob etc will be interesting