Starr Roadways

Swindle

L980 YHA

gunnerheskey:
Fantastic pics…
I’m sure that G-reg 6X4 ERF was driven by John King of Leicester, who ran out of the Merry lees depot near Desford !!
He used to park down harrison close wigston, outside Brookes pies…

yep ted drove F750 i had F150 when phil left the Greg 6x4 was based at bilston it was drove by jimmy sortland from new till he left when he was 65 the neil had it till they was brought out

Alan had the G reg until it was sold/scrapped by stiller. Neil had the K reg for a short period. And it was me who had F150 after Phil left Scottie :wink:

Do you reckon this could be the same outfit :question: :bulb: . transportphotos.com

JM12088-d1.jpg

white_gorilla:
Alan had the G reg until it was sold/scrapped by stiller. Neil had the K reg for a short period. And it was me who had F150 after Phil left Scottie :wink:

sorry mate about the g reg but i had f150 when phil left as it took me all week end to clean the thing out by the way how are you :smiley:

Stanfield:
Do you reckon this could be the same outfit :question: :bulb: . transportphotos.com

Yes it was the same outfit, they were bought from Tower Hill, London early 60s.

Does anyone have any photos from the lorries based in Ellistown, Coalville?

Man this thread brought back some memories. Used to carry all sorts with Starr Roadways, including mixed loads of bright bar and tubing from more than one collection point. Used to carry all sorts of weird and wonderful loads with them, which meant carrying timbers, bolster bars, wedges and copious amounts of six inch nails… :smiley:

Have had pallets of bricks resting on bright bar packs and foodstuffs (spices) next to pallets of chemicals hidden away under those tarps. :wink: Happy days but Vosa would have a field day nowadays, especially with the 70 hour weeks (legal) that I used to work.

Well you have just jostled my mems, I used to load some precast concrete beams off them in the earley 60s when I drove for Smiles for Miles, I cant remember where from but I delivered the loads to Teeside Area, Happy long gone days when getting a return load wasn’t a problem, Regards Larry.

ERF E14 - (G836WJF):

ZZ  G836WJF.jpg

hi is there eny more pics of the daf based at merry lees starr roadways

E90LVC ,can’t ever recall seeing an E reg E series with a plastic bumper .

Punchy Dan:
E90LVC ,can’t ever recall seeing an E reg E series with a plastic bumper .

Yes it was rexs motor a e8 based in bilston

FB_IMG_1468581963940.jpg

Hello everyone, i was wondering if you could help a fellow trucker out im after photos of Starr Roadways vehicles.

Thank you for your help :slight_smile: