Standing at a crossroads......Should I....or Shouldn't I?

Having sat and failed my Class 2 practical test twice recently has made me question whether HGV driving is the right career for me. I was relatively nervous about the change of career in the first place and having to find yet more cash for a third resit has got me wondering whether I may be throwing good money after bad. Can anyone in a similar situation offer any advice or reassurance?

ConvoyKid:
Having sat and failed my Class 2 practical test twice recently has made me question whether HGV driving is the right career for me. I was relatively nervous about the change of career in the first place and having to find yet more cash for a third resit has got me wondering whether I may be throwing good money after bad. Can anyone in a similar situation offer any advice or reassurance?

What DID you fail on… What DIDN’T you fail on?

Ive recently fail my first attempt at class 1, (retest this week).

After getting over the disappointment, I analysed what I I’d failed on.
I fail for breaking sharply at a set of lights that changed as I was about to go though them. But… I didn’t get any negative marks for any “Skill” based issues, which I took as a positive.

That’s what you need to do. Look at your fail sheets and decided if you need more training or were you just genuinely unlucky with driving environment.
Look for the positives not the negatives.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

I take it you have read the MFC thread? r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? … source=app
To me, it sounds like if you are already in 2 minds, I wouldn’t continue. Getting the licence is the easy bit compared with getting (and doing) a job

WideWolf:
Look at your fail sheets and decided if you need more training or were you just genuinely unlucky with driving environment.

What fail sheets?

ConvoyKid:

WideWolf:
Look at your fail sheets and decided if you need more training.

What fail sheets?

You’ve DVLA examiner emails a report detailing your faults to the email address you confirmed when signing the tablet.

I have never received an email detailing any faults. Any idea where I can find them?

ConvoyKid:
I have never received an email detailing any faults. Any idea where I can find them?

If you learnt with a training provider who booked the test on your behalf, they may have provided their office email (My training provider did). In which case you just need to chase them.

If you booked the test yourself, you will have been required to provide an email address, check the spam folder of that email address.

Ok, cheers.

Took me 3 attempts to pass. Don’t think of it as a test, It’s just a drive. It doesn’t have to be perfect if you make a mistake it’s not the end of the world you might redeem yourself in how you handle it and the examiner may give you a bit leeway and not mark you down. If you don’t do anything dangerous then you’ll pass.