Standard questions circa 40 years ago

Help - Need answer fast.

I parked up last night at the Jungle on Shap and my bloody diesel froze. Anyone got any idea how I can get it going?

Where can I get anorange bodywarmer?

> Pennineman:
> Anybody got a spare fuel Sediment bowl !

No but I’ve got a jam jar you can clean out

What’s a hi vis ?

I see a Gallon of diesel has hit the 36p mark, will it ever stop rising…

Is it true, in two years time we’ll be spied upon ( 1979 ) with an anologue tacho disc! :grimacing: that’ll be the end of the job as we know it! :laughing:

Heads up fellers, the ministry are about on the A74 !!

Ossie

OssieD:
Heads up fellers, the ministry are about on the A74 !!

Ossie

Yeh, they’re sat at Elvanfoot cafe n/bound, and at Kirtlebridge cafe further down, so stopping at Coatesgate opposite the quarry for breakfast.

I just stick to the 40mph limit anyway, it’s fast enough on a dual carriageway.

robroy:
I just stick to the 40mph limit anyway, it’s fast enough on a dual carriageway.

I’d forgotten about that,

Got pulled by a bike cop on the A45 at sevenhills towards Felixstowe, I might have been doing circa 60 mph, he said “when will you guys be satisfied we put the limit upto 50, and now you want 60” it seems that “yeah mate that would be good” wasn’t what he wanted to hear. Kerching that’s another 3 points !!

eddie snax:

Trukkertone:

eddie snax:
Will I need my own 14mm spanner for the tailer brakes.

was it not 5/8th spanner ■■?

Was along time ago, but I’m sure it was a 14mm but I’m happy to be corrected.

9/16 = 14.3mm so it will do but you forgot the hammer to knock the collar back [emoji14]

Do you leave the starting handle in overnight or put it in the cab?

Life’s not been the same since they took my trailer boy from me [emoji12]

The blue line is always rusted up because no one uses it.

Have you turned your taps on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:

eddie snax:

Trukkertone:

eddie snax:
Will I need my own 14mm spanner for the tailer brakes.

was it not 5/8th spanner ■■?

Was along time ago, but I’m sure it was a 14mm but I’m happy to be corrected.

9/16 = 14.3mm so it will do but you forgot the hammer to knock the collar back [emoji14]

Do you leave the starting handle in overnight or put it in the cab?

Life’s not been the same since they took my trailer boy from me [emoji12]

The blue line is always rusted up because no one uses it.

Have you turned your taps on?

Sorry. I replied to this funny thread before reading it all.

I read about your guvnor in Headlight last week, when is he out?

whisperingsmith:
> Pennineman:
> Anybody got a spare fuel Sediment bowl !

No but I’ve got a jam jar you can clean out

Robertson’s 12oz (Ounce for younger viewers :smiley:) jam jars were what our mechanic used, it all went down hill when they started making 16oz jars and they didn’t fit :cry:

Just passed my test, …why are trucks sooo different to driving a car?
Only good thing I suppose is it stops d/heads passing a Class 1 test, and keeps the driver standard up eh.

I’m after tips from you experienced guys on which town centre lorry parks have decent discos nearby, or failing that pubs that do a decent lock in? Anyone help?

the maoster:
I’m after tips from you experienced guys on which town centre lorry parks have decent discos nearby, or failing that pubs that do a decent lock in? Anyone help?

Oldham, Candlelight Club

Blackpool Tangerine Club

Morecambe, The Pier disco.

Charnock Richard Sevices n/b…through the fence to Park Hall nightclub.

Aldgate truck park East London, into The Red Lion for driver’s ‘entertainment’ (where you can see a young lady who has a unique way of smoking a ■■■. :open_mouth: :smiley: ) or…
If you can’t get parked on that roundabout, Bishopgate park for more of the same type of ‘‘entertainment’’.

Merthyr Tydfil ■■■■ and grab a gran night Thursday, (not really interested as I am still only 22. :laughing: )

Hope that helps you young Maoster, let me know when you are parked Merthyr, and we can go looking for ‘‘fresher younger’’ meat…Sexist I know, but it IS the 80s after all. :laughing:

Do you think my beaded seat cover I have in the sierra will fit the Isri in my F10?

robroy:

the maoster:

Oldham, Candlelight Club

Blackpool Tangerine Club

Morecambe, The Pier disco.

Charnock Richard Sevices n/b…through the fence to Park Hall nightclub.

Aldgate truck park East London, into The Red Lion for driver’s ‘entertainment’ (where you can see a young lady who has a unique way of smoking a ■■■. :open_mouth: :smiley: ) or…
If you can’t get parked on that roundabout, Bishopgate park for more of the same type of ‘‘entertainment’’.

Merthyr Tydfil ■■■■ and grab a gran night Thursday, (not really interested as I am still only 22. :laughing: )

Hope that helps you young Maoster, let me know when you are parked Merthyr, and we can go looking for ‘‘fresher younger’’ meat…Sexist I know, but it IS the 80s after all. :laughing:

Floating Lights [emoji12]

Got a Fuller 12 speed box, looks complicated, how do I select auto…

Fergie47:

Here’s something more complicated, you’ve got another gear in there somewhere…they’re usually 13 speed. :smiley:

robroy:

Fergie47:

Here’s something more complicated, you’ve got another gear in there somewhere…they’re usually 13 speed. :smiley:

See, told you they were complicate, now where’s the fluckin auto switch… :unamused: