Standard or restricted o licence

Hello just a question to those in the know
Im curious as to which o licence you would require to operate a 7.5t skip truck…restricted or standard
Any info would be helpfull

My understanding is that if the skip and the stuff in it is the property of the skip company when transported then its restricted

So for instance if skip company bought the waste inside the skip of the person hiring the skip they could operate under a restricted licence

adam1987:
So for instance if skip company bought the waste inside the skip of the person hiring the skip they could operate under a restricted licence

Depends what it states on the hire agreement

Skips seem to be a grey area

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75214

A standard national would be safer !

adam1987:

So are you going to pay me for the waste and take it away for free ?

Thought not ! You’re doing it for hire and reward !

Denis F:

adam1987:

So are you going to pay me for the waste and take it away for free ?

Thought not ! You’re doing it for hire and reward !

Or another thought …
The skip hire price includes free disposal which would mean the skip and its contents remain the property of the skip company when not with the customer so the goods in transit are now restricted

It is interesting

so if the customer is not paying for transport costs of the skip and everything in the skip is the property of the skip hire company when collected only a restricted licence is needed surely

Is it much easier to get a restricted than a std national ?
Or cheaper?
Jim

adam1987:
so if the customer is not paying for transport costs of the skip and everything in the skip is the property of the skip hire company when collected only a restricted licence is needed surely

That is how I see it

JFC999:
Is it much easier to get a restricted than a std national ?
Or cheaper?
Jim

cheaper as you only need 3100 or around that in the bank rather than the 7400 needed for a standard