Stan Robinsons new road idea

So when I hear a traffic report of an accident and a request to ‘slow down and take care’ what it really means is I should hurtle past without pause in case I get accused of ‘rubbernecking’? :confused: :open_mouth:

Salut, David.

Spardo:
So when I hear a traffic report of an accident and a request to ‘slow down and take care’ what it really means is I should hurtle past without pause in case I get accused of ‘rubbernecking’? :confused: :open_mouth:

Salut, David.

david, i cannot believe you dont know the difference between exersising care and rubbernecking, you must be pulling our legs, at least i hope you are m8 :wink: !

Only slightly Mal, to make a serious point. We are urged to slow down and take extra care past such incidents. How do you know which are the conformers and which are the rubberneckers? Unless of course your eyes are off the road and into every other vehicle. :open_mouth:
Of course we all look as we pass, otherwise how would we get the graphic descriptions often seen on here, but to brand everybody as rubbernecking ghouls is a bit much.

Salut, David.

well dave, no1, the ones going the other way that it dont even effect that stop and often collide, causing a smash on the other side, are no doubt rubberneckers, no2 the others going in the same direction of the accident that stare goggle eyed at the carnage and in a lot of cases have to be almost threatened by the coppers to get moving, are i reckon, rubberneckers! ive seen plenty of the ■■■■■■■ from the cab!

Personally I will be glad when stan robinson drops dead. he is a dinosaur from the 1980s

work 15 hours, have your 9 hours off, then do it all again, day after day…

who does that any more?

:blush:

(Not sure whether I’m going to laugh or cry if and when they scrap the split shift rule… :sunglasses: :cry: )

Harry Monk:
work 15 hours, have your 9 hours off, then do it all again, day after day…

who does that any more?

Errr, loadsa folk, especially those on hourly rate.

I know when I was last tramping the drivers were on plenty more money than the depot manager; drivers hourly rate = more than depot managers salary!!

I reckon those trampers are still doing it, just making intelligent use of POA’s. :wink:

The Tinsley viaduct used to work til they built Meadowhall, as did the M60 till they built the Trafford Centre.

I reckon that every other junction should be manned by terrorists with kalashnikovs :smiley: