Stainless truck mirror guards

Looking for some stainless steel mirror guards for an 06 plate MAN TGA. Just wondered where would be the best/cheapest place to look. Cheers.

you could try stoneman stainless or cdc or bailey truck parts or you could try your local blacksmith

or you could learn to drive… then you wouldn’t need them

3ducks:

certainly not on littlewoods,home express,… :laughing:

3ducks:

The actually make things worse, most mirrors are now made in 3/4 parts so if you knock them only one bit will fly off, fit these ugly contraptions and be sure to damage the bloody lot!

You want them so you don’t have to go to the hassle/inconvenience of pulling over when you meet another truck on narrow road?

Some of those ‘armored mirrors’ (usually found on bulk tipper) are capable of ripping a cab open like a tin opener! Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

3ducks:

Personally I find them a very useful learning aid. When I get the same amount of nice pinging noise from both sides of the truck then I know I’m exactly in the middle of the lane. That’s 8ft wide country lane, not motorway lane, btw. :grimacing:

I can’t help the op with where to get them, though.

Got mine from Stoneman stainless steel and they are top quality :smiley: .

Not the cheapest but certainly one of the best.

3ducks:

Nothing to do with learning to drive , more to do with the overgrown highland roads.

Mine have saved my n/s mirror countless times , branches and bushes will smash newer mirrors to bits.

Cruise Control:
You want them so you don’t have to go to the hassle/inconvenience of pulling over when you meet another truck on narrow road?

Some of those ‘armored mirrors’ (usually found on bulk tipper) are capable of ripping a cab open like a tin opener! Lol.

No need for mirror guards , have a dozen timber pins to do the job … you know loggers are worse than tippers :stuck_out_tongue: .

3ducks:

:laughing:

dingo:

3ducks:

Nothing to do with learning to drive , more to do with the overgrown highland roads.

Mine have saved my n/s mirror countless times , branches and bushes will smash newer mirrors to bits.

Cruise Control:

No need for mirror guards , have a dozen timber pins to do the job … you know loggers are worse than tippers :stuck_out_tongue: .

Ok, you can only have mirror guards if you live in the Scottish highlands or the middle of Wales. You can have spot lights as well. :laughing:

dingo:

3ducks:

Cruise Control:

this is getting to be a big problem these days with hedge,s and trees overgrowing the road edge ,the owners don,t cut them back
and when the council come along to white line ,they just put a new edge line further in the road :unamused: as the old one is now covered with grass/crap due to it not being driven on now
i think it should be mandatory for them all to be cut back to at least 1 foot from the road edge

IMO some of the mirror guards made out of flat stainless plate look horrendous, and looking at them they probably obscure an even larger proportion of view from the 2 front quarters creating an even bigger blind spot than the standard mirrors do. I have seen metal replacements for OEM mirror backs that are shaped identical to the standard plastic mirror backs, and IF I was considering mirror guards, I`d seek these out 1st. Who makes em I dunno, maybe someone can enlighten me

They are good for the nearside for branches etc but when you meet another truck with them on, whos from the drive it like ya stole it` brigade be prepared for new mirrors, complete with arm and a new driver side window, oh and new underpants as well.

3ducks:

A typical response for this forum I suppose. I actually do a lot of driving on country lanes and a couple of weeks ago meets johnny foreigner belting towards me and even though I slowed down and pulled into the side he hit my offside mirror, luckily only cracking the plastic. It is my own wagon so I don’t fancy shelling out my own money to replace broken mirrors, not to mention the downtime caused by it. Also as previously stated farmers and councils no longer cut their hedges as often which leaves stray branches protruding onto the road. Thank you.

www.moremoneythansense.co.uk :laughing: :laughing:

or

www.blindingthedrivercomingtheotherway.com :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve driven an Alpha/CF cab with these bloody things fitted and they create a bad blindspot in the quaterlights.
If they’re sold by CDC; they must be as useless as dreamcatchers
:laughing:

Just steal them of a hovis wagon for some reason they have them bizarrely, the only thing they protect is the plastic cover if you hit a tree hard enough you’ll still lose your glass guaranteed. The best thing you can do with mirrors is to loosen the screws on the arm ever so slightly and if you hit something they fold easier/softer.

i had them fitted on my last motor they were useful for some narrow places and i ersonally think mine looked nice but they caused too much of a blind spot on some roundabouts etc

IMG00570-20111127-1239.jpg