Stainless mirror guards

Denis F:

Lycanthrope:
I thought these were only for tipper drivers ? :stuck_out_tongue:

they’re very handy on livestock trucks too :wink:

I got mine from HERE

I came across the site earlier on a google search, are they any good Denis? how much were they?

newmercman:
I\m not a fan personally, I suppose that there is a call for them on lorries that venture into country lanes all the time, if of course you’re that impatient that you can’t just slow down when you have to get into the bushes if somethings coming the other way :unamused: but other than that in my opinion, they’re nasty, as seen in the picture of that little Scania, a nice bit of paint on the mirror back looks nice & sets the motor off, the griffin looks quite good too, sticking a cwt of iron on the mirror arm is not a good idea, it can make the mirror shake, it totally messes up the aerodynamic design that the manufacturer spent 1000s of hours perfecting in a wind tunnel, so your side windows & mirrors get filthy as soon as the roads get wet :unamused:

got mine on a 4 series scanny and the mirrors never shake, saved me a lot of over the years on broken mirrors :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

puntabrava:

Denis F:

Lycanthrope:

I got mine from HERE

I came across the site earlier on a google search, are they any good Denis? how much were they?

thats were we got our and they work a treat :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have them on mine they have the griffin emblem cut bout in the middle look nice and do work but as newmercman pointed out its always quicker to stop then replace one if you do get them watch you don’t fold them in on anything when reversing when the mirror folds in the wrong way the bott corner catches the door and puts a ding in it I haven’t done it but have seen it so something to think about.

Looks horrible and what difference does it actually make apart from the original plastic getting scratched from branches? If you hit anything with enough force they are just going to fold in anyway arnt they ■■
Do drivers have them because they can’t be arsed to slow down when meeting a wagon coming the other way??

Cruise Control:

littleman:
those armoured plates for wing mirrors can withstand a direct hit from an RPG :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing:

not on the falls road they can’t! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

FarnboroughBoy11:
Looks horrible and what difference does it actually make apart from the original plastic getting scratched from branches? If you hit anything with enough force they are just going to fold in anyway arnt they ■■
Do drivers have them because they can’t be arsed to slow down when meeting a wagon coming the other way??

they make hell of a difference if like me you do a lot of work down country lanes were they don’t cut the hedges back enough. hitting a branch at 5 mile an hour can break a mirror glass, with the guards on saves a lot on glass. even driving down to my house to park up at the weekends without them i would have to replace a mirror every weekend as both mirrors brush the hedge part of the way down, and they won’t fold in before the glass breaks either :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

amd its got nothing to do with drivers no being arsed to slow down when they meet a vehicle coming the other way either :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Pretty much every lorry I’ve met coming the other way on narrowish roads lately doesn’t slow down to save the mirrors, must be a macho, douche bag thing.

So instead of smashing the mirror case you smash the window.

Saaamon:
So instead of smashing the mirror case you smash the window.

Or dent the door :open_mouth: I was wanting something to keep the trees off, bloody roads here in Wiltshire and Hampshire are terrible.

In a word don’t bother. Looks crap, add weight and don’t actually protect the mirror, just mean you smash every little bit if it does go rarther than just loosing a backing plate, or it takes the window out as it folds in!

puntabrava:

Denis F:

Lycanthrope:

I got mine from HERE

it was 3 years ago so the little grey cells are a bit rusty :wink: but I think they were somewhere about £120 +vat

Unitruck aftemarket mirror glass and plastic mirror backs is the way to go. Doesn’t matter how much you slow down and look some other driver will cause you to plough the n/s mirror into the hedge at some point if you do a lot of country lanes. We generally replace a few backs a year at £3/4 a pop. Another downside with the metal guards smashing windows is it often takes the regulator out at the same time.

Having said all that manufacturers (which is in their interest) have recently combined the wide angle and main mirror into one huge expensive plastic lump, you can still get the aftermarket backs and glass but I think you are more likely to take out the whole thing and maybe the metal covers might be worthwhile. Those linked to look about the best in terms of being made to fit a specific vehicle I’ve seen - although I’d paint them black, I don’t like shiny bling really.

Denis F:

puntabrava:

Denis F:

Lycanthrope:

I got mine from HERE

it was 3 years ago so the little grey cells are a bit rusty :wink: but I think they were somewhere about £120 +vat

the little grey cells are better than I thought, found the invoice £126.50 :wink:

Denis F:

Denis F:

puntabrava:

Denis F:

Lycanthrope:

I got mine from HERE

the little grey cells are better than I thought, found the invoice £126.50 :wink:

Cheers Denis, I fitted them today, very well made.

Hi,can anybody advise me about mirror guards,I was going to put a pair on my scania 4 series but someone said that they are a little weighty,If i decided to have them where would be the cheapest place to get them thanks. :confused: :confused:

ebay would be the cheapest place if you can find them on there

also, make sure you tighten up the bolts on the mirror arm, it has been known for the extra wind resistence caused by them to fold the mirrors in

littleman:
Hi,can anybody advise me about mirror guards,I was going to put a pair on my scania 4 series but someone said that they are a little weighty,If i decided to have them where would be the cheapest place to get them thanks. :confused: :confused:

Hows things mate? You lot busy?
I saw your truck at Plymouth truck show but i didn’t see you.

littleman:

those armoured plates for wing mirrors can withstand a direct hit from an RPG :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing:

I\m not a fan personally, I suppose that there is a call for them on lorries that venture into country lanes all the time, if of course you’re that impatient that you can’t just slow down when you have to get into the bushes if somethings coming the other way :unamused: but other than that in my opinion, they’re nasty, as seen in the picture of that little Scania, a nice bit of paint on the mirror back looks nice & sets the motor off, the griffin looks quite good too, sticking a cwt of iron on the mirror arm is not a good idea, it can make the mirror shake, it totally messes up the aerodynamic design that the manufacturer spent 1000s of hours perfecting in a wind tunnel, so your side windows & mirrors get filthy as soon as the roads get wet :unamused: