stagetruck

hi everyone can anyone tell me what the said company is like to work for? i have done a search but nothing returns only pics from hutchies tour page !!

thankyou

Talking to a mate last week at a festival in Luxembourg who now works for Stage Truck… ST mainly do music, conferences and exhibitions like Fly By Nite, Transam, Stardes and so on. However, ST employ their drivers on general haulage when touring dries up. You can be expected to be away for anything up to 3 months. Pay is £60 per day on tours (only £30 is taxed) or £80 per day on general. No idea what they’re like to work for.

thank you for that bud, much appreciated.

How come the day rate is so low? thats less then minimum wage i would imagine or is there night out money etc on top ?
any one any idea what fly by night rates are ? and is it all events or do they do general haulage as well

Surely there must be fairly hefty allowances bonus etc on top.

Was chatting to a couple down at Hadfields yard a few weeks ago, they were doing “the boss”'s tour, and they were happy.
Didn’t ask any personal questions, but both had been doing it for donkeys and were happy chaps, so I think it’s like other firms that do that sort of work, you get a ‘day rate’ for every day you’re away, even when you’re sat around, then you can ‘help set up’ which is usually in your hand wink wink cash and other bits n bobs.
Of course you’d get your normal night out allowance which may be slightly higher than average, and probably a ‘tour bonus’ for being away for months like the old european drivers got etc.

The only thing I can say, is neither looked hard up, both clean, well presented, and spoke like decent people, not un-educated fools if you know what I mean.

There was a couple of others there and the tour busses too, but it was a Saturday, so I wasn’t hanging around.

They do get a lot of drivers coming and going but the job is good you get £60 a day if you are sitting in the yard and £80 a day when out this is when you do general.i think you get £105 a day thats £60pd and £45 extra then you get more when doing spot lights and cable bashing.i really loved it but if you dont mind being out for a very long time when on tour. if on general i think you just say i will be gong home for few days.because you are with drivers for such a long time you sometimes get where you might not get on with averyone.the people in the office are great gary the team lead driver is great and good at what he does.you have to have a understanding wife and if you have kids.i would go back tomorrow.

Cant make sense of that
45 a day for been a electrician !!!

nedflanders:
Cant make sense of that

Can’t make sense of what? It’s £60 per day, plus £45 extra, plus whatever you can negotiate for spotlights, running out cables, operating a video camera, and so on. Therefore, it’s £105 per day plus whatever is negotiated. You’re paid for every day you’re out. If you’re out for 7 days, that’s £735 for the week plus whatever you can negotiate for extra work. For example, you could be at a resort in Southern Europe for a fortnight, sitting around, doing the tourist thing and being paid for your time! I have to add that jobs like these are very few and far between! It’s not like normal transport where you’re weekended somewhere and only earning your night out money or the company docks your wages for any time spent on a ferry (I have worked for a haulage company who did that, didn’t work for them long though!).

Furthermore, I’ve never run out cables or operated a video camera but I have done spotlights. On spotlights, you wear a headset that allows the Lighting Director to tell you when to switch on, when to switch off and what you’re aiming at, nothing technical. Running out cables is simply ensuring the cable to a video camera doesn’t get tangled when the operator is moving around the set, nothing technical. Everything technical is handled by the relevant qualified technicians and H&S is paramount.

lumpygreenpoo:

nedflanders:
Cant make sense of that

Can’t make sense of what? It’s £60 per day, plus £45 extra, plus whatever you can negotiate for spotlights, running out cables, operating a video camera, and so on. Therefore, it’s £105 per day plus whatever is negotiated. You’re paid for every day you’re out. If you’re out for 7 days, that’s £735 for the week plus whatever you can negotiate for extra work. For example, you could be at a resort in Southern Europe for a fortnight, sitting around, doing the tourist thing and being paid for your time! I have to add that jobs like these are very few and far between! It’s not like normal transport where you’re weekended somewhere and only earning your night out money or the company docks your wages for any time spent on a ferry (I have worked for a haulage company who did that, didn’t work for them long though!).

theres one born every day :stuck_out_tongue:
its 60 a day but if you work all day cooking and cleaning and general ■■■ licking and working spotlights at night then you get extra
■■■■■■■ mug :smiley:

green456:

lumpygreenpoo:

nedflanders:
Cant make sense of that

theres one born every day :stuck_out_tongue:
its 60 a day but if you work all day cooking and cleaning and general ■■■ licking and working spotlights at night then you get extra
[zb] mug :smiley:

Where do you get all the cooking and cleaning from? This isn’t Stobart’s WRC team!

even stobarts pay more than 60 a day :smiley:
mcdonalds pay more :smiley:

green456:

You know nothing… I should add that I don’t work for Stage Truck, I work for one of their competitors. :laughing:

lumpygreenpoo:

green456:

You know nothing… I should add that I don’t work for Stage Truck, I work for one of their competitors. :laughing:

i know i wouldn’t work for 60 quid a :smiley: :smiley: day

So! You earn £60 a day! What’s the £45 for? And is it payable for the whole time your away or in their yard? And is it also paid when on General haulage in the UK and EU? :neutral_face:

green456:

lumpygreenpoo:

green456:

i know i wouldn’t work for 60 quid a :smiley: :smiley: day

Having been in transport for nearly 25 years, the last 2 years in event transport, I know I wouldn’t work for whatever you’re being paid! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dessy:
So! You earn £60 a day! What’s the £45 for? And is it payable for the whole time your away or in their yard? And is it also paid when on General haulage in the UK and EU? :neutral_face:

lumpygreenpoo:

Dessy, there’s a clue in what I’ve written if you can be bothered to read it! And, if I did work for Stage Truck, do you realistically think I would publish Stage Truck’s pay structure on a public forum?

If paid for everyday your away and extra work on tours! Sounds like a great screw overall! :wink:
Im gonna give em a ring tomorrow! :laughing:

dessy:
If paid for everyday your away and extra work on tours! Sounds like a great screw overall! :wink:
Im gonna give em a ring tomorrow! :laughing:

Best of luck… I think they’re taking on drivers at the moment, my mate implied they were a fortnight ago!

You have a PM! :stuck_out_tongue: