Staffs Police

I always find it very strange that the Police constantly scream they have no money to investigate say a Burglary or someone breaking a window, yet they seem to have bottomless pockets when it comes to buying equipment for persecuting motorists.

simcor:
I am aware the v8 is offered over here too, but as I said it will most likely be the ecoboost engines they use over here. It is a useless engine compared to the v8 and the ecoboost engines from Ford are not all that great. Yes it will still shift but a V8 is so much better.

Stop talking ■■■■■■■■. They fit it in the Focus RS. Sub 5 seconds…

EB I’m saying between the two engines a proper petrol head will choose the v8. I’m sure plenty of people like the ecoboost engines but on the Ford forum they don’t rate the ecoboost engines.

simcor:
EB I’m saying between the two engines a proper petrol head will choose the v8. I’m sure plenty of people like the ecoboost engines but on the Ford forum they don’t rate the ecoboost engines.

Not so sure fella. I went from a V8 Supercharged Jaguar XKR to a Golf R. Virtually the same performance figures, except one could manage 30 mpg and stuck like crap to a blanket…

simcor:

the only thing the V8 has over the ecoboost IMO is brembos as standard and possibly noise.

the time of big lazy V8’s returning 15mpg has been and gone, its the time of the small, highly strung turbos engines now :laughing: :smiling_imp:

Captain Caveman 76:

Pennineman:
Wannabe lorry driver - Mus-TANG :smiley:

I remember seeing a Staffordshire Police Jaguar PS (Police Special) come off Keele services chasing somebody in the wee small hours back in the 90’s and boy was it rapid!

I remember getting pulled by Humbersides finest in their ■■■■■■ Cosworth many years ago. Unfortunately I had to sit in its partner BMW for my (negative) breath test.

If its consolation, humberside are still using duel fuel protons!

It doesn’t seem to have any of the standard kit that the 5 litre comes with so I think it is the ecoboost

Not bad though considering it’s the same engine they put in the Focus