Staffordshire Farmers

Cannot remember to be honest, He lived on Grovesnor Street, just off Southbank, had 2 sisters, Sylvia and Shirley(my mother).

Johnny Webb drove out of the Ashbourne depot for a few years until he came to work at Ballidon Quarry in the 1970/80 period. He will be long retired by now though…while I am just tired!! :wink:

Pete.

My Brother in law drove for staffordshire farmers,out of their Lutterworth branch,and when i was a young man i used to go to Silvertown in London to BOCM,and also to Selby in Yorkshire collecting animal feed.He drove a GUY Warrior,which was a rigid 4 wheeler,it had a Meadows engine,2 speed axle and was one of the first lorries that had air,hydraulic brakes,quite state of the art for its day,i remember going down the M1 just after it opened,and there were not many lorries would pass it,unfortunately,his brother also worked there and at some stage was involved in an accident with it and wrote it off.They also had some GUY Otters which were used for farm deliveries.UUK 969 was the Warrior,and UUK 885 was one of the otters,but thats as far as i can remember.