St malo Brittany Ferries parking?

I’m (hopefully) on tomorrow’s/Thursday 2030ish St malo-Plymouth crossing but I’ve turned up 24hrs early, first time here and the brit Ferries website says lorries can park in the lanes outside overnight to check in the next day, but it seems tiny, and don’t want to have to get checked in at silly o’clock in the morning and not be able to wander into town.

Anyone know if there’s somewhere better, preferably free, to park until tomorrow afternoon?

well u used to be get in one of them lanes pull curtains and get up when u want there were some nice bars nearby but its been a while m8 :smiley:

I’ve had a quick wander about, had half a conversation with a French security guard, seems OK with me parking up outside,shame it’s blowing a bleddy gale. Will wait til the place opens up at 7am then try and track down someone who speaks English better than I can French, I probably sounded like a right monger to the guy.

ha ye gd idea way back there was a bar nearby run by english couple very popular just cant remember name gd luck lovely town when weather nice.

Although a day wandering around St Malo seems very nice, if you’re 24hrs early why don’t you potter on round to cherbourg or Caen and get on your way. Having said perhaps finding a nice bar for some moules is a good idea!

We abandand ship in the queue before earlier in the afternoon and went in the old town no problem .