St Albans Sand & Gravel.?

Any old guys on here from the ‘60’s, I was on there in 66. Started on the 4 wheel Albions, moved onto the 8wheel Fodens, suppling the Ready Mix plant at Kings Cross then muck away from what is now the Barbican, 3 Trips was expected each day, brilliant cafe’ enroute.

Wow, cant belive that noone has picked up on this tread, we had soo many trucks …

VS01759.jpg

Brilliant, cheers:
I recall the Diamond T, wrecker, I used it twice!! to recover bogged down tippers on sites. It had brilliant winch’s that I could use by a block around a tree etc. But it was lhd so many a oncoming vehicle had the fright of their life as I got used to it!!! But my trusted Foden was brilliant: Waltham Abbey to Kings Cross, muck back from City, 3 a day. They were kile bloody go karts on that route. Good days

hopey1945:
Brilliant, cheers:
I recall the Diamond T, wrecker, I used it twice!! to recover bogged down tippers on sites. It had brilliant winch’s that I could use by a block around a tree etc. But it was lhd so many a oncoming vehicle had the fright of their life as I got used to it!!! But my trusted Foden was brilliant: Waltham Abbey to Kings Cross, muck back from City, 3 a day. They were kile bloody go karts on that route. Good days

Hopey 1945, St Albans had a smart fleet, I worked for Johnny Kniftons about that time and remember seeing that old Diamond T pulling motors back to your yard on quite a few times, as you say the roads around north London were like a race track with all the tipper companies flying about, another smart fleet was Hall Ham with their six wheel Guy Warriors pulling London clay out of the sites for the Victoria tube line, was going after a job at St Albans but went into general haulage instead and as you say some great café’s between Central London and Hertfordshire, happy days

Ossie

Three more pics here for you

St Albans Foden.jpg

Good God - Well Done !!!

I drove that bloody Octopus!! for a while it droke my back, thank god I got a Foden back again after cab repairs! hit a bus at Frinsbury Park…