Spotted - Davies International

I know there are lots of threads aabout this lot from Southampton, but i wanted to make my own!
I saw V88 GEL on the A14 at Ipswich, he came off at Copdock sat next to me at the lights then went round to Tesco’s.
Any idea who the driver is? The truck was very clean and very tidy not a mark on it from what i could see in passing, very smart.
He had hazchem boards on but the mid-lift was up, i was thinking he was heading for a port, any ideas what he may have been carrying?
I dont claim to be a big fan of many fleets but this lot always catch my eye.

im a big fan of davis as well. i used to live in southampton and go past thier northam yard all the time, i always admired their fleet and thought that is where im going to work… but then i moved back to leeds.

thier depot is now on brunel way in segensworth east ind est in fareham now.

the motors always look well looked after and i used to see a lot of them when i was doing locals around here but since going up the road a lot now i dont see so many.

i have applied to them but never even got a sniff of any work but if they did ring me i would seriously consider it as it is only 15 minutes from my doorstep.

rumour has it that they are a very good company to work for and look after thier drivers so i guess not many people leave there!

you would be right lee… I went down there when i was looking for a job and had a long chat with one of the davies brothers. He said i didnt really stand a chance and went on to show me a filing cabinet full of application forms from people who wanted to work for them. The drivers i spoke to while there also seemed not to be going to work anywhere fast either. They do alot of continental work and i do see them alot. All in all id say they were nice chaps and judging by kit a good company to work for.