Spotlight bars

The boss is possibly going to fit a top bar , 4 spots and 2 becons to the new truck, a 04 FH12 Globetrotter.

Volvo want £1000 just for the bar and the spots. We are awaiting a quote from Kelsa.

Anyone know of anywhere else we can try?

thats not a bad price!

paul

I thought that aswell, cos I think we could get them to include the beacons for that as well

But the boss is a tight git at times, especially as one of the other lads got some made from scaffold bar :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

He suggested that to me, and I can’t print my reply as the others look absolute crap. We agreed that if he wanted some on they would be purpose made alloy ones

try kuda i think there cheep er than kelsa though they wont be prewired from what i remember

spot on do stainless light bars go to trucknet links page and theres a link to them there although a grand is quite reasonable

:wink:

Is there any real need?, i usually drive with dipped beam (I work nights) i regularly drive on dipped mainly because im lazy and cant be arsed to keep flicking the main beam on and off and find it ok with dipped anyway.

Bling comes to mind with them stupid spotlight bars .

I have trouble flicking main beam on so using them spoty bars must be even worse surely?, apart from aesthectics they really dont serve a purpose do they??.

they can be very handy sometimes :wink:

V8KARLV8:
they can be very handy sometimes :wink:

You mean reminding others to dip :question:
Like jammy I’m not sure I can see any real need for them, like him I do a lot of driving on dipped beams, on dual carrigeways & motorways because I don’t need full beam & on single carrigeways because I can see the lights of oncoming cars easier & earlier.

OUCH…HOW MUCH !!!

Can those things really cost that much? I don’t see where the money is in them.

On the other hand they will make the truck look smart and I wish my boss would pry open his wallet for a set.
I could really do with the extra lights especially when working off road and in rural areas - as I do a lot.

As for the trunkers their all show and bright lights no need for them. Except when they can be really handy :laughing: :laughing:

if hes gonna spend a grand on stupid spot lights and roof bar …then tell him to cancel and buy some in cab comfort instead…theres no need for the extra lights as the lights the trucks are made with are sufficient…its just showing off…in my opinion and totally unneccesary
have a nice day

Spots not required but would sure like air horns… or are they illegal ?

Yes handy when people need reminding to “dip” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry to disagree, but spots are needed on our job, early deliveries to building sites, and not just the entrance. We do alot of off road driving, as well as some unlit quarries.

Plus we think they look good :smiley: :smiley:

Got plenty of in cab comfort with it already

Apart from looking ace… I think ‘asthetically pleasing’ is the correct term, they would be very useful for reminding cars that the central reservation does NOT block their main beam from our eyes… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
You only have to drive down the M50 at 4am to appreciate that… Nearly every ■■■■ car leaved main beam on… :imp: :imp: :imp:
A quick safe flash to inform them of their error, would be very useful…

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

Haveing spotlights on the cab-roof when you are traveling the

roads in some parts of europe . Is in my mind a extra that I

can not do with out. The use of the extra lighting system in areas

of bad light and not often frequented roads improves the safety

of all those traveling on it ,

In the Northern Territory all our Macks had normal headlights in the wings then a giant spot bang in the middle of the bull bars. It came on automatically with the full beam. It was absolutely necessary to give ample warning of 'roos and cows on the track at night but the beam was so intense and far reaching I half expected to pick up a Lancaster in it!!

Salut, David.

I agree with Henrys cat and Ragtop, think they look great, make’s a lorry look that bit more special :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hmmmmm, still not convinced. Personally I can’t stand the things, if you’ve got a problem with a car, what’s wrong with giving them main beam (if their’s no one else about at that hour in the morning) until they switch it off or their retinas die a death :unamused::shock::lol:? IMH opinion an unecessary expense and only their to bling the motor up.

At the ned of the day its down to what you like. You may think it is stupid to spend that much money but what about people who collect stamps, etc they would pay hundreds probably for one stamp. I collect model trucks and for some you can expext to pay hundereds. It’s all down to what you like so go for it.