Spot the difference

The second pic is courtesy of Mike Taylor,his web site is well worth a look, mike-taylor-haulage.com ,as he had a tie-in with Astran at one point.

good link, haulage like it used to (should?) be - PMSL at the nipper hanging off the F10 windscreen wiper :laughing: :laughing:

Some great photos there,the crusader looks great. :sunglasses:

That scania TDX 400K is taxed till 2010 so a propper astran scania is still running somewhere!

vwvanman0:
That scania TDX 400K is taxed till 2010 so a propper astran scania is still running somewhere!

Now there’s something special for someone to restore,a genuine Astran motor!

umm is it that it has different trailers on… :laughing:

doi win a prize?

A brilliant site Keith. Thanks for stirring up some memories :smiley:

This was a regular job for me loading from the Westmin plant in Amsterdam, just before the Coen tunnel. I had my own truck at the time working for LV Shipping in Vlardingen through an agent in Hull

I did a couple of groupage trips for an old mate to Austria with one of Helmut Haids trailers, I still have nightmares about car mirrors and tennis balls :stuck_out_tongue:

The office looks very similar to the one where Mike Taylor had a very old German Shepherd dog, poor thing was blind and partially deaf iirc. There was a notice on the door warning you to knock very loudly or risk getting your leg bitten off :smiley:

Ones in coulor the other is Black and white :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ooooh do i win

jj72:
good link, haulage like it used to (should?) be - PMSL at the nipper hanging off the F10 windscreen wiper :laughing: :laughing:

I found the site a very interesting read,even cleared up some mystery regarding the way Chris Hudson finished,and re-emerged as Cargo-Care.
I never knew that :open_mouth:

KW:

jj72:

I found the site a very interesting read,even cleared up some mystery regarding the way Chris Hudson finished,and re-emerged as Cargo-Care.

me neither, see - you’re always learning on this job :unamused: :laughing:

jj72:

KW:

jj72:

me neither, see - you’re always learning on this job :unamused: :laughing:

I bet Bob can even remember the dogs name :smiley: