Spot of help needed, please

Back in 2008 I had my big heart attack, and in early 2009, the DVLA took away my HGV licence. I had to say an emotional goodbye to my beloved Johnston/Iveco VT 850R sweeper…I’d had her from new, and even saw her being created at Johnston’s factory in Dorking.

Couple of days ago I was ferreting about on an insurance website, and it tells me that my old girl is still insured and working for a living.

Now…would anyone have laid eyes on her, I wonder? She was painted in a bright orange when I had her, and had extra lights/warning beacons and hazard plates fitted. Her reg number is RX54VLJ…keep an eye open for her, guys, please…I’d love to see her again.

Hi Richard,
Sorry unable to help with your sweeper request but feel for you regarding your licience and the truck.
So many people dont get a second chance mate, look after yourself and good luck with the search.
Harvey.

According to DVLA, untaxed since July 2013 MOT expired October 2015

Spud1960:
According to DVLA, untaxed since July 2013 MOT expired October 2015

I guess that’s her lot then…poor old gal, we had some good times together. Like the time I was sweeping a huge roundabout the wrong way round (ie, against the traffic flow) and a flash herbert in an open topped sports car decided to make a pratt of himself and close right up to my front bumper, then he decided to join me by going ahead of me in reverse.

Now, the front high pressure water spray bars on a VT850R can chuck out an awful lot of water when on the high setting…said flash herbert in his open topped sports car rapidly became a very waterlogged, highly unflash herbert. Suffice it to say he was not amused…

Thanks Spud.

HRS:
Hi Richard,
Sorry unable to help with your sweeper request but feel for you regarding your licience and the truck.
So many people dont get a second chance mate, look after yourself and good luck with the search.
Harvey.

Thanks Harvey…I consider myself very lucky to still be here, licence or no licence. I was told that I died twice on the operating table, so I guess the Big Man upstairs wasn’t ready for me…either that, or he thought “we’re not having any sweeper drivers up here, getting in the way and making all the clouds dirty…”

Thanks guys…

RIP, RX54VLJ…may your brushes never need replacing.