spot lights

so for all the guys who likes spending loads of their hard earned cash on getting as many spotlights on the front of their trucks, the french have decided that they really dont look that cool, a dutch driver who i was talking to in our depot, got fined 200 euros for each one over the normal quota. he did tell me how many lights the french are allowing ( but i forgot )…they count the lights on the front of the truck, side lights…headlights…marker lights…and then add up each extra light at 200 euros…i have since been told by various other drivers that this is true…and they even add up the blue gay lights to be included…
SO BEWARE…

:open_mouth: As long as it falls within C & U regs they can’t do owt. If it doesn’t it’s your own fault :unamused:
The Porkies started fining for top spots years ago unless you had them switchable and switched OFF when in Portugal :smiley:

Anyway I don’t think that will be relevant to the motorway only shiny lorry brigade :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

im safe then we only work in the uk and he pays for the lights :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing:

mines got 10 spots on 6 at the top 4 in a bar at the bottom but my boss fits and pays for em and our trucks run through france regular and havent been stopped .so maybe weve just been lucky then :question:

It’s been a while since this one reared its head, I thought it had gone to the great mythyard in the sky. Last time I heard this one the price was still in French Francs. :wink: :smiley: If any driver is daft enough to fork over money to a Gendarme for this ‘offence’ they deserve to lose the cash.

i got fined in spain for having sidelights in the spots on :frowning:

Ive got 4 spots on the Foden im driving at the mo, They’re on a bar…

In the passenger footwell :laughing: :laughing:
They were taken off for the MOT and havent been put back on yet, The guy said that they would be put back on soon though and looked confused when i replied “Oh really? never mind eh!!” :unamused:
And much to MM’s dissapointment i wont be tipping out in France anyway :wink:

530power:

Different offence.

530power:

Yeah the Guardi Civil and Policia foral are not to keen on people having them switched on as well.

I got warned for running with front fogs(in bumper) on in the middle of the night, in the pooring down rain and in the middle of nowhere :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Reef:
Ive got 4 spots on the Foden im driving at the mo, They’re on a bar…
In the passenger footwell :laughing: :laughing:
They were taken off for the MOT and havent been put back on yet.

I can see the point to them in your job though…If the motor worked at night tho of course :open_mouth: Reef

And much to MM’s dissapointment i wont be tipping out in France anyway :wink:

Shame really mate but Swindon is just as good

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:
It’s been a while since this one reared its head, I thought it had gone to the great mythyard in the sky. Last time I heard this one the price was still in French Francs. :wink: :smiley: If any driver is daft enough to fork over money to a Gendarme for this ‘offence’ they deserve to lose the cash.

:smiley: Correct me if I am wrong but from memory didn’t this particular MMTM myth stem from back when lit headboards were the fashion :question: :wink:

Guess old Charles Darwin was bang on then if that’s the case :laughing: :wink:

montana man:
:smiley: Correct me if I am wrong but from memory didn’t this particular MMTM myth stem from back when lit headboards were the fashion :question: :wink:

I do believe it is/was an extension of that. I’m guessing you are harking back to the woman thinking it was a double decker bus story? :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

montana man:

I do believe it is/was an extension of that. I’m guessing you are harking back to the woman thinking it was a double decker bus story? :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:open_mouth: Ya know I think you may be right :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

The number 37 I think. I’ll go ask My Mate “Clive” :wink:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

dont know about the earlier myth…only this one…we gotta feel sorry for the froggies though, cos they need another way of getting their coffee money, and as we all know…when they spot a british truck…their eyes light up…but after all said and done…each to their own…i personally cant understand why a truck needs so many extra lights…when i used to drive through Romania…it was so dark you couldnt see your hand in front of your face…but headlights on full beam…gave a perfect field of vision…and the same goes for driving in any european country …there really is no need for extra lights when the vehicles headlights are sufficient…i would vote for all spots to be taken off when a vehicle goes for its mot…along with boy racers cars like a standard renault clio…with a big bore exhaust…goes no faster…but sounds a lot louder…like most of them…what knob heads…

truckyboy:
dont know about the earlier myth…only this one…we gotta feel sorry for the froggies though, cos they need another way of getting their coffee money, and as we all know…when they spot a british truck…their eyes light up…but after all said and done…each to their own…i personally cant understand why a truck needs so many extra lights…when i used to drive through Romania…it was so dark you couldnt see your hand in front of your face…but headlights on full beam…gave a perfect field of vision…and the same goes for driving in any european country …there really is no need for extra lights when the vehicles headlights are sufficient…i would vote for all spots to be taken off when a vehicle goes for its mot…along with boy racers cars like a standard renault clio…with a big bore exhaust…goes no faster…but sounds a lot louder…like most of them…what knob heads…

I take it you’ve not driven an actros then :imp: especially the older ones and the new ones arn’t that much of an improvement either. :unamused: