Sports World Shirebrook?

This company is advertising for night class 1 drivers I’ve seen the ad’ but was just wondering if any can give me an employee account of what they are like to work for ? hours conditions etc etc, any info would be appreciated… cheers : :slight_smile:

I did hear that the wages weren’t all that good. Apart from that iv heard nowt else. Sorry.

Dont know the wages myself but if its in Shirebrook the money will be crap.

All night work, some double manning. Easy enough job, you get the store keys and wheel cages into the storeroom & return empties. The trailers are loaded for you. Start times can be anywhere from 5pm to midnight depending on the run. Again, finish times can be early morn or midday. You usually get at least a few hours sleep during the shift as at some stores you have to wait to be let in.

As for pay, hourly rate is £8.50 (I think they’ve just raised it so may be more). It’s four on/four off and if you work on a night off you get £10 something an hour. Fri, sat & sun there is a shift bonus of £40

I’ve sent a application form out to these guys some 4-6 weeks ago - I got nothing in reply!!!

it said upto £34, 000 a year in the advert. gone up about 6 grand a year since the last ad. :laughing:

i thought you had to let yourself into the stores on that job, at least your not entirely on your own.