Sports direct shirebrook info?

hi guys just wondered if anyone had worked on the sports direct contract out of shirebrook ? been told they accept new pass class 1 - 9-50 an hr store deliverys on nights , work upto February etc…some double manning runs , average 13 hr day plus extra 30quid if u do weekend shifts.

Yes they will take newbies. You will have to pass an assessment.

No first hand experience. Just what I’ve heard.

Cheers Dar jobs mine if I want it but not sure I want regular nights and its a 60 mile round trip on top for me!

Only gossip but been told they treat drivers like something stuck on the bottom of your shoe - no experience except picking up recycling stuff - no probs but obviously other employer.

Try it and see - nowt to lose :smiley:

my mate has worked there since he passed his test(approx. 7 years).hes on regular nights.he has to work so many weekends...which dont go down well with his mrs.
some runs are double manned.

Its the worst job ive ever had in 22yrs of driving. Only lasted 1 month.you have too open the shops up take all the loaded cages in and emptys out ,up and down service lifts down miles of corridors in these multiplex shoppin centres.then try and work around you load on the trailer.complete nightmare

just goes to show…one mans ideal job,is another mans nightmare

hi guys as anyone got any up to date info as I have an assessment on Wednesday.

thanks in advance

Learn to speak Polish!

My brother did a couple of weeks for them on agency between jobs:
Hourly pay straight through, no overtime. £8.75(not sure if they’ve had a pay rise as he recently received a text from the agency stating that they would pay him £10.75 if he’d go back?
£40 bonus for Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights.
Shift length while he was there ranged from 10 - 19 hours double manned. So good money to be earned if you’re willing to put the time in. He was told they always get 11 hours off. no reduced daily rest.
HTH