Sporting weekend

Like many I enjoy relaxing in front of the TV watching sport some of the time at weekends.

There is a lot of top quality sport on TV this weekend with Wimbledon and the British Grand Prix. Also for the first time in many many years Henley Regatta is available, live streaming on You Tube today and tomorrow. The coverage is excellent and almost non stop, with some very good camera positions. Henley is seen by many as an event for toffs, but in reality since the success of Sir Steve Redgrave rowing has become a far more popular sport with many youngsters and particularly girls joining local clubs.

As a country GB has had considerable success at international level, Henley gives club oarsmen and women the chance to race against such competition one to one. The two clips below not only give a glimpse of the effort required, but show just how good our youngsters are; giving hope for a continued GB presence on the international podiums. The girls in the Henley Rowing Club crew are all under 16.

Search You tube for Henley Regatta Live

youtube.com/watch?v=F6ZAcrc … 7yEcRoYvMu

youtube.com/watch?v=WMN1XUPcCN4

The Cyclists won’t be happy that you haven’t mentioned the Tour de France! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Makes me tired just watching it all, after a week in a truck theres only 2 types of exercise i intend doing over the weekend , ones walking to the pub (at least 3 times though so thats got to be healthy :smiley: ) and the other ,well lets just say i may break into a sweat for a couple minutes after the pub on saturday night :blush: :laughing:

I’m not happy, you didn’t mention the Tour de France!

Tour de France and Women’s World Cup football for me this weekend watching wise.

112 mile cycle ride today and 10k run tomorrow participating wise.

Mostly rest and recovery on Monday.

chaversdad:
Makes me tired just watching it all, after a week in a truck theres only 2 types of exercise i intend doing over the weekend , ones walking to the pub (at least 3 times though so thats got to be healthy :smiley: ) and the other ,well lets just say i may break into a sweat for a couple minutes after the pub on saturday night :blush: :laughing:

Two minutes ,what’s your secret for such longevity. :wink:

chaversdad:

Stick a picture of the mother in law above your bed and you might last for ages …

This weekend has live sport in my house too.

It’s the annual ■■■■■■■■■■ weekend. Well I say sport…not strictly true.

There is usually a winner in sport.

eagerbeaver:
This weekend has live sport in my house too.

It’s the annual ■■■■■■■■■■ weekend. Well I say sport…not strictly true.

There is usually a winner in sport.

Cant be that much action beaver if you are on tnet,is she sat upstairs friggin off to mighty mike :question: :grimacing:

Nah. Dickinsons real deal.

Cheap as chips.

eagerbeaver:

Cheap as chips.

She loves mahogany :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

No T.V. in the Hippy house, we’ll be out doing real stuff rather than being sat on our bums watching someone else

tango boy:

eagerbeaver:

Cheap as chips.

She loves mahogany :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Wait till the divorce papers come thru and one of the reasons for devorce is beaver spends too much time TRYING to take the ■■■■ on tnet :laughing:

Haha. Mocking my lovelife.

Dreadful behaviour.

eagerbeaver:
Haha. Mocking my lovelife.

Dreadful behaviour.

:wink:

Coffeeholic:
Tour de France and Women’s World Cup football for me this weekend watching wise.

112 mile cycle ride today and 10k run tomorrow participating wise.

Mostly rest and recovery on Monday.

Are you training for an Ironman!?

F1 was the best I’ve seen in ages. Is Button an agency driver by the way? Everytime he takes a nice motor somewhere interesting he breaks the ■■■■■■■ thing and blames someone else.
:smiling_imp:

Having been out all day I haven’t yet seen the recording of the British Grand Prix, but I have just Watched the Final Of the Grand Challenge cup at Henley on You Tube. The British National 8 were racing the German national 8… The Germans got stuffed. :smiley: :slight_smile: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=2qur-vP … raY2hFMhWk

If the rumours are true, next year will be good for F1. Brabham are meant to be returning, Indy team Haas are entering and Aston Martin are rumoured to be taking a stake in Red Bull to become Aston Martin Mercedes.
That’ll be fun for the purists; Ferrari v Mercedes v Brabham v Aston Martin v Lotus :sunglasses:

Yep, plenty of rumours for next year’s F1 Muckster.

I’ve even heard that Adrian Newey is designing a quick release mechanism for Bernie Ecclestone’s brown nose.

The guy ■■■■■ up like a bleedin Dyson vac.