sport

Sick to the back teeth of radio stations going on and on about sport, particularly football, if radio presenters want to go on about it so much apply for a job on talksport,then they can bore themselves rigid talking about football when I drive my wagon I want to listen to music,one driver I know listens to sport all day everyday,also when you start a new job you can guarantee the first thing that comes out is what team do you follow,I reply none as I have an intense dislike of football,result end of conversation because it seems they have nothing else to talk about

Why you talking about sport on a truckers forum?

A lot of people are suprised when my reply of “neither” to the question “red or blue, scouse?”

As I too have an strong disliking for football. Gimme an egg shaped ball any day. Proper sport

xichrisxi:

When I am driving my hgv and listening To the radio,that is all you ever hear whichever station you tune into during the day, when you are driving it’s nice to listen to music,makes the day go quicker instead of boring sport

Indeed 22 overpaid skinny ladyboys throwing themselves to the ground and holding their faces, pathetic.

The oval shaped ball where the referee is know as “sir” now thats a proper mans game.

Get a smartphone with an unlimited data contract and install the Tune In app thousands of stations from around the world, never listen to those dreadful breakfast time double acts ever again.

London midlands notts derby and obviously considerable distances between try Smooth, or if London area try Magic.

Oxford and surrounds try Jack 106.8 or the other Jack 107.9

ok like all other commercial stations they’ve still got the adverts for the brainwashed but just change channels or shut it up for 5 whilst the ads are on.

I can no longer listen to the constant propaganda from the state broadcaster, and even if you do they are constantly advertising (badly in silly sing song voices) other programs so you might as well listen to the other ads.

Heart radio makes me want to smash the radio, it’s radio one for the terminally stupid.

Radio really has gone down the crapper, haven’t gone DAB nor smartphone so can’t comment on the alternatives available there, maybe i could get Smooth everywhere i go if i did get DAB, still wouldn’t help me in work time though.
Spend lots of time listening to nothing anymore, especially if the only decent signal is BBC or Heart, but keep the radio on silent and switched to TA just n case.

mike68:
The oval shaped ball where the referee is know as “sir” now thats a proper mans game.

Yeh right … mud wrestling for fat ffeckers with funny shaped balls …

truckman020:
Sick to the back teeth of radio stations going on and on about sport, particularly football, if radio presenters want to go on about it so much apply for a job on talksport,then they can bore themselves rigid talking about football when I drive my wagon I want to listen to music,one driver I know listens to sport all day everyday,also when you start a new job you can guarantee the first thing that comes out is what team do you follow,I reply none as I have an intense dislike of football,result end of conversation because it seems they have nothing else to talk about

I quite like sport and sometimes listen to it, but what really annoys me, is when they start playing these deeply irritating commentary snippets that keep popping up on the news, SHOUT SHOUT SHOUT SHOUT GOAL and then SHOUT SHOUT SHOUT SHOUT SHOUT another GOAL Jeez when someone has scored a hat trick or the Aussies have had a batting collapse or some horse has won some race. … does anyone enjoy these commentary highlights ?

I used to drive on Saturday afternoons and the radio was rubbish.All football of one sort or another.I ended up listening to womens hour.Talk about desperate.

Bluey Circles:

mike68:

Yeh right … mud wrestling for fat ffeckers with funny shaped balls …

obviously a football fan

sinclair89:
A lot of people are suprised when my reply of “neither” to the question “red or blue, scouse?”

As I too have an strong disliking for football. Gimme an egg shaped ball any day. Proper sport

proper mans game without a doubt

Oh thank god for that, I thought I was the only bloke who hated football!

Desperate:
Oh thank god for that, I thought I was the only bloke who hated football!

you are not alone,lol

Juddian:
London midlands notts derby and obviously considerable distances between try Smooth, or if London area try Magic.

Oxford and surrounds try Jack 106.8 or the other Jack 107.9

ok like all other commercial stations they’ve still got the adverts for the brainwashed but just change channels or shut it up for 5 whilst the ads are on.

I can no longer listen to the constant propaganda from the state broadcaster, and even if you do they are constantly advertising (badly in silly sing song voices) other programs so you might as well listen to the other ads.

Heart radio makes me want to smash the radio, it’s radio one for the terminally stupid.

Radio really has gone down the crapper, haven’t gone DAB nor smartphone so can’t comment on the alternatives available there, maybe i could get Smooth everywhere i go if i did get DAB, still wouldn’t help me in work time though.
Spend lots of time listening to nothing anymore, especially if the only decent signal is BBC or Heart, but keep the radio on silent and switched to TA just n case.

I listen to sam fm now on my early start then ken bruce on radio2,dont like the knob vine but do like his debates at times

DD you are not the only one by far, I can’t stand the stupid game . I was at a NEXT RDC once and was listening to them chatting about football while waiting for my paperwork when one of them turns towards me and says which team do you support. I said none can’t stand the game. He got narky and said " What sort of man are you" I replied the type that doesn’t like watching 22 other men in shorts running around a field just doesn’t do anything for me. Took the idiot ages to work out what I meant and then he just stood there and looked at me with his mouth wide open.

xichrisxi:

The place to unwind, tell a few tall tales, talk football, discuss news, even chat about the weather … anything BUT TRUCKING !!!

How did you miss that bit after being on Trucknet for 7 years