Splitting daily rest! help!

Hey all I started work at 11.45am today, drove a mile down road to work site and have finished my shift by 12.15 only 30minutes since putting my tacho in.
Question is if I use my split daily rest and have 3 hours rest now will that extend my 15 hour working day by 3 hours from 2.45am tomorrow to 5.45am tomorrow?
Cheers guys!

No 15 hours is still the max you can do.

What if I was to do 3 hours POA? surely that would extend my work day?

As said the maximum spread-over from the start of the shift to the end of the shift is 15 hours even if you have a split daily rest period.

However it doesn’t count as a reduced daily rest period.

greeny46:

Nope, on a single manned journey 15 hours is the maximum.

greeny46:

There is no option in the regulations for extending your working day. the important bit is how much daily rest you require and you have three options.

At least 11 hours of rest

At least 9 hours of rest, allowed 3 times between weekly rest periods.

At least 12 hours of rest split into two parts with the first being at least 3 hours, can be done every day of your week

In all of those cases the rest must fit fully into the 24-hour period which begins when you resume work after a rest period. Therefore the longest your shift can possibly be from starting work to clocking off is 15 hours, provided you have a reduced daily rest period available or you get a period of at least three hours rest during the shift. No amount of POA or anything else changes that.

I’m reading this on me phone so excuse me if this sounds dumb.
Have you finished for the day?