split shift

hi passed tests about a year ago.went for interview and called back to go for a test run in waggon but never drove a split shift as done mostly class 2 what should i be looking out for and some hints thanks.ps do u block shift like 1st to third or 2nd to fourth etc.

Welcome to TrucknetUK Claude. this may help :wink:.

First. Welcome to TNUK & the link above say’s it all.
Second. Don’t let a gear box with split shift worry you too much, they are much easier to use than they may seem to you right now.
Third. Good luck with the test drive.

so if im in 3rd gear just by pressing in clutch and letting it out gives me half a gear like 3 half then if i change gear to 4th will that be 4th or 4 half or do u just drive up to 4th switch the switch and across into 5th.thanks for advive guys…ps so you can flick the switch anytime like if u r in 3rd gear flick the switch it will put u into 3rd high ?

Welcome to Trucknet UK Claude76 and Good luck :smiley: .

Welcome to Trucknet Claude76, read through the link that Liberace has provided and then come back with any questions if you are still troubled.

claude76:
so if im in 3rd gear just by pressing in clutch and letting it out gives me half a gear like 3 half then if i change gear to 4th will that be 4th or 4 half or do u just drive up to 4th switch the switch and across into 5th.thanks for advive guys…ps so you can flick the switch anytime like if u r in 3rd gear flick the switch it will put u into 3rd high ?

Claude, chill :laughing:. This can only be sorted by getting out their and doing it :wink:. Their are different gearbox configurations out their and you just take time to get used to them, I know it’s now what you want to hear when you’r paying for it, ut go fir it and enjoy :wink:.