split rest

hi just something i wondered if you guys could help me with , i have a new job i start at 5.00 ,finish around 9.30 then i clock off and come back in at 15.00 ,work till about 6 or 8 this could not be driving mind then come back in at 5.00 the next day is this legal? does the break between 9.30 and 15.00 count towards my daily rest? how would it work out? its a new shift the place has come up with thats all i thought if i finished at 6 or 8 i would have to have 9 hrs 3 times a week the other 2 days 11 hrs or does the brerak between shifts count and can it be taken off? :unamused:

Yes it is legal.

When taking a split rest, the daily total must come to 12 hours and the final part of the split must be no less than 9 hours. There is no requirments for compensation to be taken.

For the sake of drivers hours, you’re getting 14hrs a day so well OK.The only thing is that you have to record it either by making a manual entry on the back of your tacho chart or manual entry on the digi tacho.

Because of the time off you are taking off each day you can take a 9 each night.

An SDR (split daily rest) is a daily rest period that can be split in 2 parts (and only 2) the 1st part has to be a continuous (or unbroken if you like) period of no less than 3 hours

The second part then taken at the end of your shift must be no less than 9 hours (unbroken of course)

This enables you to take 9 hour rest periods all week without affecting/using your reduced daily rests

example start at 0600 work for 6 hrs then have 3 hrs break then work for a further 6 hrs (total shift/spread 15 hrs) and have 9 hrs off you can start again then at 0600 but have not used a RDR (reduced daily rest)

Hope that explains it better for you…