Split days off- Any news from the people from the EU?

I’d heard something earlier this year that the powers that be in Europe were considering outlawing split rest days.
Anyone know anything about this?

Here’s me with my fingers crossed.

HD

Haven’t heard anything about that, there is talk that POAs may be considered as other work in the future but that’s all I’ve heard of.

tachograph:
Haven’t heard anything about that, there is talk that POAs may be considered as other work in the future but that’s all I’ve heard of.

Yeah Im aware of the POA thing, I dont use it (or rarely) these days, but there’s plenty who make their living because of it.Its something thats been on the cards for quite a while, I belief its been deferred once already■■?
It should mean better basic wages for drivers and I think that is the idea behind it, I doubt that will happen though.
The split rest days thing Ive heard a number of drivers mention,I never seen or heard anything official, hence my post.

Is this a rumour that is a throw back to when the regs changed from the 8 + 4 to the current 3 + 9 or is it a new idea to get rid of the current 3 +9 :question:

No i have not seen anything in writing about this either. I

URBAN MYTH ALERT
They would remove Reduced Daily Rest before Split Daily Rest because Reduced Daily Rest = 9 hours, Split Daily Rest = 12 hours. Why would they remove an option which allows for more daily rest and leave an option which allows less? Not even a good attempt at a myth, but people will obviously still fall for it without thinking it through. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I presume this is what you mean by Split Rest Days as there is no such thing as splitting your rest days (Weekly Rest) for them to remove anyway.

I have heard of split weekly rest.

They, apparently have done away with the 16 hours duty with split daily rest, for some unknown reason. But now you can only do a 15 split daily rest. :unamused:

Bring on changing poa to other work , what a stupid laid out piece of legislation that was , which is open to loads of abuse.
Never used it refuse to , but know plenty who do because they want Overtime.
The company I work for decided you can’t do Overtime if you don’t POA …
Shove it up there ■■■■■■ for me …

I think he was talking about a rumour that they are getting rid of this and making it so you have a full 45 each week!

A

full weekly rest is 45 hours but Alternatively, a driver can take a reduced weekly rest period of a minimum of 24 consecutive hours.
If a reduction is taken, it must be compensated for by an equivalent period of rest taken in one block
before the end of the third week following the week in question. The compensating rest must be
attached to a period of rest of at least 9 hours — in effect either a weekly or a daily rest period.

Bones:
I think he was talking about a rumour that they are getting rid of this and making it so you have a full 45 each week!

A

full weekly rest is 45 hours but Alternatively, a driver can take a reduced weekly rest period of a minimum of 24 consecutive hours.
If a reduction is taken, it must be compensated for by an equivalent period of rest taken in one block
before the end of the third week following the week in question. The compensating rest must be
attached to a period of rest of at least 9 hours — in effect either a weekly or a daily rest period.

That would make things interesting for some :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

But I think it is likely to be rumour again or MMTM.

As this is looking like the above - what do drivers think about a compulsory 45 break every week :question: :question: :question:

ROG:
That would make things interesting for some :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

But I think it is likely to be rumour again or MMTM.

As this is looking like the above - what do drivers think about a compulsory 45 break every week :question: :question: :question:

I would like a compulsory 48 ROG, I thought the 24’s were designed to give drivers more time at home, but seem to be used to force us to spend even less time with our family.

ROG:
As this is looking like the above - what do drivers think about a compulsory 45 break every week

Would mean the end of working the sixth day.

Stan

Stanley Knife:

ROG:
As this is looking like the above - what do drivers think about a compulsory 45 break every week

Would mean the end of working the sixth day.

Stan

I think it would in most cases - would that be a good or bad thing :question:

ROG:
I think it would in most cases - would that be a good or bad thing :question:

I would imagine most employed drivers would think it a good thing, but as a guy who works mostly agency I think it would have its downside. Quite possible now to work 5 days, 5 days, and 6 days over 3 weeks but then to only get offered 2 days the following week. Under the 45 hours minimum muted I couldn’t take the 6th day even though the following week I would be at home more than at work.

Pros and Cons.

Stan

Stanley Knife:
Under the 45 hours minimum muted I couldn’t take the 6th day

Yes you could. As an agency driver and therefore more flexible in the days you can work than an employed driver you could work 6 days, minimum 45 off, work 6 days, minimum 45 off, work 6 days, minimum 45 off, work 6 days, minimum 45 off, work 6 days, minimum 45 off, etc etc. Which you could be doing now if you wanted. You will be getting a Regular Weekly Rest Period every week and be fully legal. Remember the regulations are about the amount of rest, not the amount of days you can work each week.

sounds like good news for the firemen and other part timers who have took to having two jobs