Split daily rest?

How does this work? I am currently racking up 5 hrs plus worth of break/rest while tipping, what does let me do if i call it split daily rest?

3+9=12, but counts as 11. but not on a full moon, or if the geese fly north in the winter. they are just 2 more EU rules that came in tomorrow.

DonutUK:
How does this work? I am currently racking up 5 hrs plus worth of break/rest while tipping, what does let me do if i call it split daily rest?

As long as you have an uninterupted period of 3 hours during the 5 hours you mentioned then you can use that 3 hours for a split daily rest.

Have 3 consecutive (all in one go) hours break during the day which can then be used for split daily rest and have the 9 hours off at the end of the shift is equal to a full daily rest - all this within the 24 hour period from when you started the shift.
Example -
Start 0600
work/drive etc for 4 hours
Break for at least 3 hours
Break for 1 hour
work/drive etc for 3 hours
Finish 2100 so have 9 hours off before the next 0600
15 hour shift done but no reduced daily rest taken because 3 + 9 = split daily rest = full daily rest

DonutUK:

Providing you are getting an unbroken 3 hour rest you can have a 9 hour rest period every nigh although in reality you are actually having 12 hours so it is not a reduced rest, rather it is an extended rest period.

In laymans terms, when you can normally only reduce three times, by using the split rest, you can do that every day.

Used to be better when it meant you could reduce to 8 hours at night if you had four hours off in the day

ROG:
Have 3 consecutive (all in one go) hours break during the day which can then be used for split daily rest and have the 9 hours off at the end of the shift is equal to a full daily rest - all this within the 24 hour period from when you started the shift.
Example -
Start 0600
Break for 1 hour
15 hour shift done but no reduced daily rest taken because 3 + 9 = split daily rest = full daily rest

And you failed to spot that driving for those 3 hours would total 11 hrs driving :wink:

Despite split shift working you can still only drive for 2 x 10 hr periods and 4 x 9 hr periods in any 1 week :wink:

Davey Driver:

ROG:
Example -
Start 0600
Break for 1 hour

And you failed to spot that driving for those 3 hours would total 11 hrs driving :wink:

Despite split shift working you can still only drive for 2 x 10 hr periods and 4 x 9 hr periods in any 1 week :wink:

Where does it say that that time is all driving ?

Davey Driver:

ROG:
Example -
Start 0600
Break for 1 hour

I think you failed to spot the work in there as well so he might only do 1 hours driving and 3 hours of other work. :unamused: