Split daily rest~?

hi ya guys i think i am loosing the plot these days■■? ok,ok i know,
anyway heres my little problem on the old system… the split daily rest was made up of a total of 4 hrs and a 8 hr rest period ,this also let you work a 16 hr shift “LEGALLY” WITH NO PAY BACK THIS WAS ON THE OLD TACHO RULES, which is now scrapped,
now the new rules state you have to have a block of 1 x 3 hr and a 1x 9hr, so does this mean now on the split rest cycle you can “LEGALLY” do 15hrs with the split daily rest?? becauase for the life in me can i find were it is write out stating it
as with the old system of 4 +8 you could work if you had the time off 16hrs every day,
can you still do this on the new system this 3 hrs x 9 hrs= 15 hr daily■■? this is what i am trying to find out, anyone shead any light on it,
guys i know about the old 4 +8 system in how many hours etc you had to do etc,
its the new system it states a block of 3 hrs then 9 hrs, in my head this means a 15 hr day if this type of rest is taken with no payback etc and be legal■■? daz

globby 480:
the new rules state you have to have a block of 1 x 3 hr and a 1x 9hr, so does this mean now on the split rest cycle you can “LEGALLY” do 15hrs with the split daily rest??

Yes, and you can do it every day. Under the old rules the 8 hour rest meant you could do a 16 hour spread because 24 - 8 = 16 and now as the longest part must be 9 hours you can do a 15 spread, 24 - 9 =15. The move to the longest part of the break being 9 hours and the removal of the option to split the shortest part into two parts, it must now be one block of 3 hours, are the only things which have changed regarding split rest, everything else is as it was before i.e. no compensation required and can be done every day as you are not reducing your rest you are actually increasing it from 11 to 12 hours. Under the new rules no compensation is required for daily rest periods any way.

thanks coffeeholic, i thought i was right but had to double check with it cheers bud daz

dont forget the complication of he new directive too. you have to take a break upto or after 6 hrs WORKING TIME.1/2 hr min if working upto 9 hrs, 45 mins if your working more than 9 hrs.even if youve only driven 3.but that then counts as your 4 1/2 drive break too. break.
oh , and poadoesnt working time for those six hours , i discovered today on the vosa site. i previously thought it was six hours of SHIFT TIME.

inaneredstripe:
dont forget the complication of he new directive too. you have to take a break upto or after 6 hrs WORKING TIME.1/2 hr min if working upto 9 hrs, 45 mins if your working more than 9 hrs.even if youve only driven 3.but that then counts as your 4 1/2 drive break too. break.

Remember you don’t have to take the full 30 or 45 minutes at the 6 hour point, you can just take 15 minutes at that point should you wish. When the rest of the break is required to be taken is dependent on shift length and/or when the next 6 hours accumulated work is reached.