Split break/ infringement

I had a split break but then went 15 mins over a 15 hr day meaning an insufficient daily rest infringement. Do I still need to take an 11 hr rest period this week?

I have already flogged myself mercilessly for the lack of thought for the children caused by my irresponsible and flagrant abuse of the regulations.

if you work over 13 hours, how can you take an 11 hour rest?

shuttlespanker:
if you work over 13 hours, how can you take an 11 hour rest?

I didn’t. Including the insufficient daily rest I have had three nine hour rest periods. If I still need to take an 11 hr rest period then I will only be working 13hrs today.

If the other 2 weren’t split rest and as you say were reduced rests, then even though you attempted a split rest on the third you went over and had insufficient rest in a 24 rolling period. So just treat it as another reduced rest that’s gone and therefore you’ve used up all 3 and stick to full rests for remainder of week.

Not sure of the legal standing but in my mind that would be the safer bet if pulled. At least you can say that although you tried to do a split, because you went over you correctly wrote it off as being a reduced (albeit with an infringement)

Hope that’s as clear as mud. Probably is.

Freight Dog:
If the other 2 weren’t split rest and as you say were reduced rests, then even though you attempted a split rest on the third you went over and had insufficient rest in a 24 rolling period. So just treat it as another reduced rest that’s gone and therefore you’ve used up all 3 and stick to full rests for remainder of week.

Not sure of the legal standing but in my mind that would be the safer bet if pulled. At least you can say that although you tried to do a split, because you went over you correctly wrote it off as being a reduced (albeit with an infringement)

I’d tend to agree with this. ^^^.

bald bloke:

Freight Dog:

I’d tend to agree with this. ^^^.

I would also tend to agree with that.

It’s debatable exactly where you stand on this but I would play safe and not have any more reduced daily rest periods until your next weekly rest period, however that doesn’t mean you can’t have any more split daily rest periods.

madmackem:
I had a split break but then went 15 mins over a 15 hr day meaning an insufficient daily rest infringement. Do I still need to take an 11 hr rest period this week?

I have already flogged myself mercilessly for the lack of thought for the children caused by my irresponsible and flagrant abuse of the regulations.

If youve got an infringement on a split rest then i suppose you still have a reduced daily rest in your pocket (if youve only used 2). But it would be better to show an 11 after (or split 12, 3 + 9 etc).

Make a note on your printout to explain those 15 mins (ideally this was caused by an unforseen event, emergency etc) and as long as it doesn’t happen to often your should be let off with a mild stoning and partial castration by the DVSA.