Spilt From Tescos Thread in PDF

bazman:
[
TrucknetUk and the members on here have given me great support, but if someone “wrongfully” criticises me. I must reply or all members could believe the criticism.

I understand your point of view Lucy and Rikki and agree with the principle behind it, but nevertheless, Baz is a member here, was criticised here, and surely must have the right to reply here, irrespective of the reason (ie Tesco letter) which gave rise to that criticism.

Salut, David.

Decision stands, David. Sorry, but we have to draw a line somewhere, and that’s where it’s drawn. All that needs to be said in such a situation is " I am happy to address your critisism, feel free to join me at www.Truckersworld.co.uk ".

It was allowing the line between initial research, drumming up support, and actually running campaigns which caused so many problems last time. We have to to draw a clear “line in the sand” somewhere, and this is where we have chosen to draw it, based on past experience.

It’s nothing personal to Bazman, it would be the same for any organisation that we allowed to post threads like this on our Forum.

If anyone wishes to continue this line of discussion further, may I suggest that the Feedback Forum is the place to do it…otherwise there is a danger that Bazman’s thread will become totally de-railed! :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Lucy:
otherwise there is a danger that Bazman’s thread will become totally de-railed! :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Which is precisely why I applauded his decision to take it to a completely different thread, where he was also told ‘inappropriate’. It just seems to me that there is some measure of discrimination here. If I had started a thread entitled ‘Are unions really neccessary?’ it would have been ok, but as it was someone who happened to be running a campaign, it’s not.
I accept your view and you know mine and I agree we have milked it out. :laughing:

Salut, David.

The only problem with the Union thead is the part where he appears to by trying to continue with the same discussion with Nightflyer that he does on the thread that this was split from (or will be, once I’ve posted this).

The Union discussion itself is, of course, a valid one and IF YOU BOTHERED TO LOOK I STATE THAT FOR CLARIFICATION ON THE THREAD!!!

I really cannot see where the “discrimination” is here…apart from the POSITIVE discrimination of letting him post links and drum up support in the first place! In every other respect, we are treating Barrie 100% in accordance with site rules on other websites’ business…and just as we would treat any campaigning organisation whom we chose (important that bit…this has all come about because of a goodwill gesture, after all) to support.

Would you prefer it if we supported no-one? :question: :question: :question:

Sorry if this seems harsh, but I really have had enough now. I spend hours of my time trying to ensure that both I and the other staff here treat everyone fairly. May be I should just stop bothering… :unamused:

Lucy,
As I said, I agree we have milked it out, but, there is no need to shout, I was closing down gracefully.

Salut, David.

Lucy:
Would you prefer it if we supported no-one? :question: :question: :question:

Does that mean you actually DO support someone else?.

Can we have a list of who you do support please?.

Can we have a list of who you do support please?.

TruckNet (Europe) Ltd supports a number of organisations, some financialy , some with “In Kind” support, some with both and some behind the scenes.
Over the last year these have included

Truckersworld
Fair Trials Abroad
BEN (Motor And Allied Trades Benevolent Fund )
Poppy Appeal
Drivers and Family Helpine
Justice for Drivers
American Red Cross (Katrina appeal)

In addition we have given highly discounted/Free advertising to certain small companies/individuals whose products we felt would be a direct benefit to the members of the website.

We recieve 10-20 phone calls/e-mails every week from individuals looking for help/advice/support. we give what help we can Free of Charge.

Hope this answers your query
Rikki