Spillers the millers

anyone got any pics or info on them,especially th 8 leggers they used in the 50s and 60s,and up to present date.what were they like to work for. :question: regards, jack preston.

shirtbox2003:
anyone got any pics or info on them,especially th 8 leggers they used in the 50s and 60s,and up to present date.what were they like to work for. :question: regards, jack preston.

Hi shirtbox2003 have a look In Mainly Rank Hovis Spillers Milling There Is loads of stuff on there mate Cheers Chris

If you resurrect the “Mainly Rank Hovis and Spillers Milling” thread you will see plenty of Spillers pictures. From my own experience of working for Spillers Milling for 10 years it was a good company to work for and I never had any issues with them. From a driver’s perspective in my time there during the 1980s most of the drivers were long service men and wages were above average. Tanker men were always amongst the highest earners. There were more bagged deliveries back then compared with now so hand-balling of sacks, but a mate was always provided. I always thought that Spillers was a company managed by “gentlemen” and that might have contributed to its eventual demise.