Speeding

Hey :slight_smile:

As I was driving on the a11 today and see a mobile speed camera on the opposite side of the carriageway, if a new driver was to get caught speeding then what happens? I can remember something about if ya get caught within 2 years then you risk losing your licence, but then someone has said its if you get 6 points :confused: does anyone know?

The 2 year restricted license only applies to holders of a new license not an upgrade so I’ve been told.

If you get six or more points in the first two years after passing the driving test your licence will be revoked and you will have to resit both the theory test and the practical driving test.

This only applies to the first two years of passing the basic driving licence, not LGV or PSV test if it’s passed later.

edit: Full information here

Ah ok that’s cool, not that I’m going to go breaking the speed limits constantly lol.

ajames10:
Ah ok that’s cool, not that I’m going to go breaking the speed limits constantly lol.

You can get points for offences other than speeding :wink:

Pull the fuse. Pour a brew. Crack on drive.

If it was on the bit between Barton Mills & Thetford,(Elvedon) it’s only about 5 miles, so if you stick to 40 it’ll only take about 10 minutes. Most of the rest is Dual Carriageway, so you can ‘Hurtle’ along at 50 (wow !)

If you get pulled around there & you’ve been doing 56, the authorities don’t like it, because there are no Motorways over that side of the country, so there’s no ‘I was on the M1’ excuse. Don’t think they can nick you (on Tacho evidence only) but they can put a mark against you & the company. Then I wonder who will be first out of the door when they take 10 wagons off the O Licence ?

I remember Biffa getting a Bolloking at Bury St Edmunds when VOSA checked a load of Tacho’s, they all had 56/90kph on them, within 5 minutes of leaving the yard & they were warned that the O Licence would be restricted if they didn’t stick to the limits.

Why speed if your on hourly rate, the company won’t pay the fines or take the points, all that happens is your pocket gets lighter & your stress levels rise with worry about what’s waiting around the next corner.