Speeding

Hi I just after some advice I passed my hgv class 2 in dec 2013 in November 2014 I got flashed by a speed camera on the a52 while in works truck, work have received the speeding ticket and handed over my details to dvla, jus awaiting a letter in the post, they are saying I have been caught twice in a matter of the same week! What will happen will they offer me the speeding course n 3points for the second ticket? Was a stupid mistake

Six penalty points and a fine or attend a speed awareness course, that you pay to attend.
Don’t worry about it, everybody speeds.
Are there mitigating factors, wife having a baby, urgent matters.?

They may not offer you a course for either offence. only thing you can do is fill the forms out and play the waiting game.

Cheers jus worried because some people have said I may lose my license due to only being pasted a year and other people have said I will be alright because I passed my car test over 5 years ago

Treacy14:
Cheers jus worried because some people have said I may lose my license due to only being pasted a year and other people have said I will be alright because I passed my car test over 5 years ago

If you’re talking about the six points in the first two years rule, it’s two years from the car test not the HGV test.

Thanks a lot that’s what I have been worried about when the 2year rule starts, tried looking on the Internet but doesn’t state what test, thanks a lot that’s a weight of my mind

Before anyone pulls me up over it I should say that the two year probationary period starts when you first qualify for a full licence of any category not necessarily a car licence, after you get a full licence you just add categories to it.

For confirmation: Road Traffic (New Drivers) Act 1995

When did you work get the letter about you speeding as they have to send out the letter within 14 days of the offence after that they can’t do you

devonlad2009:
When did you work get the letter about you speeding as they have to send out the letter within 14 days of the offence after that they can’t do you

Theu have 14 days to notify the registered keeper - not the driver of the vehicle at the time.
As his company are ovbiously aware of it I would assume the letters are all within any time limitations.

They received the fines dec 19th but I got flashed middle of November

If your dates are correct then they’re out of time. (As I understand things) worth contesting?

5-6 weeks later after get flashed I’m still waiting for the fines and points to come through the post , didn’t think they could take that long

Treacy14:
5-6 weeks later after get flashed I’m still waiting for the fines and points to come through the post , didn’t think they could take that long

They have 14 days from the date of the alleged offence to notify the registered keeper (Notice of Intended Prosecution - NIP). They will also send a formal request that the keeper identifies the driver or provides such information as he has regarding this (Section 172 notice or “name the driver” form). The recipient has 28 days in which to respond, and when he does the police will then send another set of forms to the person named - who then has 28 days to respond and the process repeats until someone puts his hands up and says “I was driving”. This person will then receive either a court summons or (more likely) a conditional offer of a fixed penalty. If the alleged offence falls within their guidelines he may be offered an awareness course. The point being that, depending on the number of links in the chain, it may be several months before notices/offers/summonses are sent to the driver.

Thanks for all ur help my major worry was losing my hgv license because of the two year rule, which has now been cleared up that the two year rule starts when I passed my car test, can now stop worring… Thank god for this forum