Speeding ticket dispute

Anybody ever had a speeding ticket where they disagree with the speed limit stated on the letter? I’ve just received one for the A20 Sidcup bypass. I was doing 52mph and the letter states the limit is 40mph, but having looked at the road on Google maps Street view, that particular section of road is a dual carriageway and national speed limit, so as far as I’m concerned I’m well inside speed limit.
Anyone had anything similar and successfully challenged it? As usual with these things they tend to scare you into just accepting your fate with massive fines if you dare to challenge. Very frustrating that in my option. Any advice appreciated.

Put a post up on the speeding forum at www.pepipoo.com
There are some knowlegabe people on there. Most importantly reply to the request for drivers details. Failure to do that is a seperate offence that comes with 6 points and a large fine.

I always watch carefully when passing a camera, and if there is a flash and I am sure I am not guilty, I make sure to save the appropriate dashcam file before it is overwritten. That gives date, time, coord position and speed.
I have never had to prove the system but I am pretty sure in the case of a dispute it would be accepted.

Depending on exactly whereabouts on that road it was, the limit would appear to be either 40mph or 50mph. Do bear in mind that a lot of the Google Streetview imagery is 10 or more years old so may well not show the current speed limit.

Thanks everyone. Managed to get some truck video downloaded. Looks like speed limit was reduced a couple of months ago from 60 down to 40. So looks like I’m going to have to ■■■■ it up.

I don’t rely on Google Streetview for speed limits, I only see, but similarly do not rely on, my Garmin satnav posted limits either.
The reason for this is that I don’t update it. I can read a map, the only reason I have it is for a rough idea of time and mileage.
As far as changing limits is concerned, the No.1 Human Eyeball is the only reliable source. :smiley:
Sorry you’ve been caught out @chris2105gb , easily done with so much going on as we drive.