Speeding penalty?

What are the likely consequences for an LGV driver caught speeding at over 100mph? (In a car!)
A ban surely but how long?

Not sure about length of ban but a friend of mine was caught doing over 100 and as well as a short ban from the courts he had to go before the traffic commissioner to explain himself.
The TC took pity on his hard luck story and banned him from HGV’s for 2 days but over a weekend so as not to interfere with his work.

28 days or 56 days is the usual handed out. Depends on what road it was on though. A motorway is going to attract a lower penalty than a single carriage A road and an empty motorway in the wee hours could see just a 7 day ban. 120 days is the maximum that can be issued.

However if you’ve already got 6 or more points and the speed was enough that you’d have faced an instant ban they can choose to give you another 6 points instead of the insta-ban so you’d have a 6 month ban under totting up.

Circumstances are everything.

Thanks.
It’s not me by the way!
I don’t know any details of the circumstances but I think the guy in question has a clean licence.

Here’s a link for more info

drivingban.co.uk/drivingban/ … fences.htm

End of the day professional drivers should known better not to put there licence at risk like this… You never know could get a short ban, but then have to retake an extended test…one hell of a costly mistake