Speeding ban

Kiowan:
It’s nothing to do with being caught in the Scottish Borders, it’s the result of totting up. You get a ban for hitting 12 points, or 6 points in your first 2 years of driving. Totting Up Ban FAQ | 12 Penalty Points - Driving Ban

I do know that, I’ve never got any points and I’ve done some massive mileages working (mostly on two wheels). There are places where I’ll give it handful without thinking about it too much and other places where I’d take it easy knowing what the local constabulary are like. :wink:

Unfortunately, the only places worth giving it a handful (on 2 wheels) are the places where you really don’t want to encounter the local constabulary… North Wales Gestapo, Strathclyde (lovely chaps), not had any encounters with Lothian Police but if they’re anything like their neighbours :confused:

I used to be a motorbike courier and a van courier before getting into trucks.

Time was money when self employed.

Cameras were a god send, because cheap ■■■ local authorities replaced the traffic police with speed cameras usually at fixed locations, even the talivan’s only usually set up at certain locations.

Basically got a licence to boot it about everywhere because chances of bumping into the traffics are minimal.

Doing a trunk from Glasgow to Birmingham some nights lucky to see a single traffic car anywhere. Only place that does have the traffics about seems to be the A74(m) from Johnstonbridge to Gretna especially at teatime.

Down side of all this is, now driving standards are getting really bad because scameras can’t stop tailgaters, drink drivers etc… This government has managed to reverse the trends in drink driving and fatalities on the road.

Cheap satnav download speed camera POI’s regularly and basically cameras arent really a problem.

The Gatsos with height sensors for HGV’s i think they are still pretty rare in most places, but tend to place them on a bit of road where HGV’s are likely to be going over the 40mph catch a load of people and soon its put the fear of god into a lot of HGV drivers as word spreads who won’t then break the 40mph limit. So guess in somways they do work even tho i dont thnk the 40mph speed limit is the greatest thing on some roads like the A9, infact more likely to cause accidents caused by frustration.