Speeding and ACPO guidelines. NSL dual carriageways

Have YOU (not a mate of a mate down the pub) been prosecuted for speeding in a truck at less than ACPO guide lines? i.e. posted limit + 10% + 2mph.

Particularly interested with reference to NSL dual carriageways.

whats NSL

hitch:
whats NSL

National Speed Limit

hitch:
whats NSL

Dual carriageway M.A.M > 7.5 Ton

That’d be 50 to you sir, or 57 if you izz a member of ACPO.

acpo guidelines arent followed by all forces its up to the chief of the area if they follow them or what parts they follow.

So its a hard to answer unless specifically know what the policy is in the area someone has been stopped in.

Ive heard rumours of people getting done for doing 52mph but usual bs never seen any proof. Driving on d2 roads at 56mph police never have bothered me.

Not related as such but forces like dumfries and galloway will stop cars on the 74 under acpo speeds good excuse to search people they think transporting drugs etc

sorry phone acting up triple post

Sorted!! :wink: dd.

Whilst on the subject of speed, which is the most accurate tacho, speedo or sat nav?

sat nav, tacho +/- 2% then speedo +/-10% apparently

hitch:
sat nav, tacho +/- 2% then speedo +/-10% apparently

Speedo +10%/- 0%, not +/- 10%. They can over read to show a faster speed than you are travelling, and they all do because the cost of manufacturing a totally accurate speedo would add a lot to the price of a vehicle, but not allowed to show a slower speed that you are actually travelling. That’s why the guidelines are in place and speed cameras/traps are set to trigger a good bit over the limit anyway because if they were set on the limit the amount of paperwork that would generate would make it impossible to process. Those 50 mph average speed cameras in roadworks are set to no less than 57 mph.

But can they recognise, from reading the reg. no. as they do, when a vehicle is on record as being >7.5T & therefor subject to a lower limit?

is it true that if you get done for speeding in in a tempory speed limit such as road workks this only earns you a fine and no points

bjd:
is it true that if you get done for speeding in in a tempory speed limit such as road workks this only earns you a fine and no points

No.

I was done in a7.5 tonner for doing 60mph the road changed from dual to single about i mile before the camera.As it was at 4.10 A.M. I was gutted still had to pay though.