Speed sensor on daf

Do you know where it is? When Im driving through rain,it stops working and then I lose the cruise ontrol

Sploom:
Do you know where it is? When Im driving through rain,it stops working and then I lose the cruise ontrol

Centre of the grille about half way up

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Ok thanks,Ill have a look there

You can reenable the cruise control but without the adaptive part. Cant remember off the top of my head how to do it, just mess around with the controls :slight_smile:

As mentioned half way up the grill there’s a ■■■■■■■■■ plastic looking kind of thing. Is that.
I hated driving a daf on the snow and rain for ever getting sensors blocked messages etc.
Give it a wipe over with a cloth every day and it tends to be ok

You will loose the ACC (adaptive cruise control), but do you also loose the “normal” CC?
From memory: Turn on ACC and hold minus on distance. Now it`s now non-adaptive CC.

The sensor is a pain in the ■■■■. In bad weather it will freeze over (cant it be heated?) and, whether switched on or off, will throw up yellow warnings and buzzers. It may then self clear and repeat again....and again....and again...* It isnt just dirt or salt. Snow, ice, etc will throw these warnings up and realistically you can`t keep stopping.

As nice as DAF can be in some ways their warning systems train drivers to ignore lights, because of all the spurious crap. We arent trusted to turn off any systems we dont want in particular circumstances.

PS. Its the distance sensor and youll loose the AEBS too.

Franglais:
You will loose the ACC (adaptive cruise control), but do you also loose the “normal” CC?
From memory: Turn on ACC and hold minus on distance. Now it`s now non-adaptive CC.

The sensor is a pain in the ■■■■. In bad weather it will freeze over (cant it be heated?) and, whether switched on or off, will throw up yellow warnings and buzzers. It may then self clear and repeat again....and again....and again...* It isnt just dirt or salt. Snow, ice, etc will throw these warnings up and realistically you can`t keep stopping.

As nice as DAF can be in some ways their warning systems train drivers to ignore lights, because of all the spurious crap. We arent trusted to turn off any systems we dont want in particular circumstances.

PS. Its the distance sensor and youll loose the AEBS too.

And it means you’ll have to drive properly instead of teararsing around relying on the gizmos :unamused:

Remember when i first drove a daf with all the gizmos on.
I looked online at the DAF website was a video explaing. How it all works.
Had a video of a woman driving behind a car in a controlled environment showing how adaptive braking works.
So I thought I’d try it was on a quietsh road got up behind a van thought I try it out I got so close to the van I hit the brakes and.slowed down.
I do t trust technology I just turn it all off where possible

Franglais:

I didn’t know you could do that. I had an EBS warning the other day and had to drive over 125 mile with my foot on the pedal as it disabled the ACC. These old trailers tend not to like these fancy new auto braking systems on newer units.

Terry T:
I didn’t know you could do that. I had an EBS warning the other day and had to drive over 125 mile with my foot on the pedal as it disabled the ACC. These old trailers tend not to like these fancy new auto braking systems on newer units.

On pre 2016 Euro 6 units there’s a button on the dash specifically to disable ACC. On 2016-2018 units that button is missing so you press and hold the minus button on the distance until the ACC disabled message comes up on the screen. 2018 onwards where you set it with the steering wheel controls on the right hand side of the steering wheel set the distance to zero which is off there.

edd1974:
Remember when i first drove a daf with all the gizmos on.
I looked online at the DAF website was a video explaing. How it all works.
Had a video of a woman driving behind a car in a controlled environment showing how adaptive braking works.
So I thought I’d try it was on a quietsh road got up behind a van thought I try it out I got so close to the van I hit the brakes and.slowed down.
I do t trust technology I just turn it all off where possible

It works very well, did it actually have it fitted as poverty fleet spec don’t. The minimum distance is 2 second gap. Note I said 2 seconds rather than however many feet as it’ll increase the distance as your speed increases so it’ll go closer to vehicles in front at 30MPH than at 56MPH.

Conor:

Terry T:

On pre 2016 Euro 6 units there’s a button on the dash specifically to disable ACC. On 2016-2018 units that button is missing so you press and hold the minus button on the distance until the ACC disabled message comes up on the screen. 2018 onwards where you set it with the steering wheel controls on the right hand side of the steering wheel set the distance to zero which is off there.

Thanks. Been driving me mad :grimacing:

Thanks for the replies.I didnt realise you could turn the adaptive part off.I will have a look when I get back in the vab