speed limits

Hi all, im driving a 14 ton rigid and the roads I use restrict me to 40mph. Can the police fine me if they look at the tacho and see ive been breaking the limit?.

ytre:
Hi all, im driving a 14 ton rigid and the roads I use restrict me to 40mph. Can the police fine me if they look at the tacho and see ive been breaking the limit?.

No but it can be used to back up what they saw you do

The only time I know of that this sort of thing happened was where many locals stated that many LGVs were speeding within X distance of their yard where the nearest limit over 40 was at least say 20 mins away

VOSA and cops went in and used all data within last 6 months to prosecute drivers and company

I think I remembered that correctly

ytre:

I have heard of drivers being fined for speeding when their tacho discs were inspected, as their depot was nowhere near a road you could legally go faster than 40mph. That was something I read in one of the trucking magazines about 10yrs ago, mind you, complaining about inconsistency in enforcing the limit.