speed limiters

gogzy:
or have the trick to fool the speedo into thinking its doing 56 when its infact doing more

:smiley: :smiley: …How do you do that trick? I’d really like to know

(for educational purposes only of course…) :wink:

Recently coming home from in the work in the wife’s gutless Clio 1.2 I chased up behind a foreigner coming off a roundabout on the A17 expecting him to hit the wall and go by, he was actually pullin away from me the wife’s car it’s that gutless, he hit the wall at 72mph !! On a single carriageway, I was quite content at 60 but interested to see when he would stop pulling away lol, was 4am but still, 70+ is a tad excessive even by my standard !!! Hungarian I believe, red plate on left white plate on right ■■

COOKiEEES!!:

gogzy:
or have the trick to fool the speedo into thinking its doing 56 when its infact doing more

:smiley: :smiley: …How do you do that trick? I’d really like to know

(for educational purposes only of course…) :wink:

I could teach you, but I’d have to charge. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: What kind of tacho?

Happydaze:
I could teach you, but I’d have to charge. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: What kind of tacho?

Haha :sunglasses:

usually a Siemens digi tacho…

COOKiEEES!!:

Happydaze:

Haha :sunglasses:

usually a Siemens digi tacho…

Not computer-literate enough for that mate. Sorry :frowning: At a conservative guess, I’d say I put around 40 or 50 motors straight in my time. Did one in Hilton Park one night at about 4am with three coppers looking at me. Two pairs of gloves on (to be sure to be sure). Matey drove her out of there as hard as she’d go, I was doing 100k’s in a left ■■■■■■, plod was in lane 1 at about 50. I passed him, he flashed me in, I thanked him. Matey passed me, I flashed him in, life went on. No problem. Don’t be paranoid. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

wagon i drive is abit of a flyer but i will always be passed by lomas wagons like im stood still :smiley:

Funny you say that, i went to thurrock and back 90miles ish and only got overtaken by 1 truck, yep you guessed a lomas tanker!! Do they run on rocket fuel?

dasman:
Funny you say that, i went to thurrock and back 90miles ish and only got overtaken by 1 truck, yep you guessed a lomas tanker!! Do they run on rocket fuel?

:laughing: no but they do run on a bonus system and the k factor set to the very max for the lads :grimacing:

Lomas have a taco bay in house if that helps!

Moose:
Lomas have a taco bay in house if that helps!

and a vosa test bay as well :laughing: :laughing:

Quite right i tested my trailer there last week!
Lomas own staff run the taco bay with years of experience at making them go faster whilst still being ok for mot!

Moose:
Quite right i tested my trailer there last week!
Lomas own staff run the taco bay with years of experience at making them go faster whilst still being ok for mot!

and theres nothing wrong with that at all . think dinky as them set just right

Think i will send my unit up for a 6year taco check and a re calibration soon lol !!

Moose:
Think i will send my unit up for a 6year taco check and a re calibration soon lol !!

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

My last tuck visited the same bay but it would not touch 100k it would upset there lads it was said

del949:

Only a small cabbed DAF and one of the eldest we had (03!) but did it ever fly. The speedo and tacho where both in agreement at 56/90 but I swear it was more like 59-60.

many older drivers will have had a quiet smile at this, remember when a truck wasn’t a flyer untill it topped 80 ?

Yeah, I did. When the gross was 32 ton, 75 with a Leyland Ergo 680… mind you, as soon as it saw a hill it was all over.

Phantom Mark:
Hungarian I believe, red plate on left white plate on right ■■

Spanish I think you’ll find, although the driver may have been Hungarian. :wink: