Speed limiters.

acceptme:
In accordance to the EU they state that trucks must be limited to 56mph 90km. Now since brexit does this mean the UK will
Still have to comply with this limit or can It be upped to 60mph which is the legal speed limit for trucks in the uk. Just was wondering about it today cheers

Well said, the actual speed limit is 60 mph on motorways from what I remember, I remember the first time a limiter was fitted to my lorry at Fed Ex, it was actually set at 62 mph. Mine has a speed limiter because I often go into Canada, it’s set at 66 mph.

Punchy Dan:
.whats with the editing ,I didn’t write that bit .

Fixed that. :wink:

Carryfast:

Punchy Dan:

I still disagree ,I know when iam doing 56 ( 5 days a week ) and I pass one of ours that do 53/54 it’s no slow elephant race .

Bluey Circles:

oneillmartin:
Will they make local authorities use Tachos any one

do local authorities not use Tachos ? they do in Scotland (i think)

not in Ireland

Punchy Dan:

Carryfast:

Punchy Dan:

I still disagree ,I know when iam doing 56 ( 5 days a week ) and I pass one of ours that do 53/54 it’s no slow elephant race .

If I’ve got the figures right around at least 500 feet total distance from pulling out to returning to lane 1 at 3 mph differential will need at least 2 minutes or well over 1 mile.Double the speed differential obviously half the time distance. :bulb:

Ooh bugger ! :open_mouth: does that mean I’ll have mine turned down to 60 :cry:

Bluey Circles:
The more interesting question here will be whether or not we will be implementing the all new EU tachograph rules that are to be introduced on all new vehicles by 2019 - tachos that will not only record more vehicle data but will broadcast this information to any nearby police or dvsa - for instance if you are over on an axle, or you have missed a break or your road speed does not match your gps speed then head unit will be broadcasting this to the police.

3 yrs away yet so hopefully we will avoid that as by then we will be out of the EU with luck,this is the first I have heard about this,the way its going you won’t be able to move your truck without getting nicked,authorities wonder why we have a driver shortage when they allow things like this,its ridiculous

truckman020:
3 yrs away yet so hopefully we will avoid that as by then we will be out of the EU with luck

dream on - :frowning:

,the way its going you won’t be able to move your truck without getting nicked,authorities wonder why we have a driver shortage when they allow things like this,its ridiculous

it just gets worse and worse, stuff tracking where you are, fleetboard checking your driving, mobile phones giving you no peace, driver facing cams and now tachos grassing you up to the dvsa … jobs [zb]ed
Gone are the days when you set of with some phone numbers scribbled on the back of a ■■■ packet for when you were tipped.