Speed Limiters- What`s your opinion?

Thanks for viewing, and hopefully voting.

Feel free to give reasons, if you want to.

Vince

Limiters should be set at a little over the legal limit, and there should be a switch in the cab to select which country you are in. sometimes you need a little extra speed available to avoid an accident.

I disapprove to being restricted to 53 mph - what a stupid dangerous speed to be restricted to. :unamused:

If traffic is heavy I usually end up at 50mph (sometimes less) because I can’t keep up with the flow and have to keep backing off to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle that has just overtaken me. :angry:

Mindless :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I approve!

We have proof that some idiots who pull the fuse, drive like nutters! we all see some truck or another fly past as breakneck speed, those are the ones who as a general rule have no regard to the law!

We also have quite a few on here who believe its OK to speed! :open_mouth: ok most on a single lane road, well if its OK to go at 50 in a 40 area what saying they all have the opinion that it would be ok to drive at 70+ on a motorway?

One thing is sure if you have a limiter you aint gonna be caught speeding on a motorway, theyfore it will save you points and fines if nothing else

If it aint broke dont fix it, and I have yet to see any reason how it could be discribed as broke!

The only time a limiter becomes a problem is on the motorways where the legal limit is above the limiter setting and even then it ain’t really a problem. Paid by the hour don’t you know, can’t go any faster boss. :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Would have gone for don’t mind had that been an option rather than approve.

Well as much as i hate to admit it i do think speed limiters are a good idea

simon

I am neither for nor against speed limiters as such, but the following link tells a story. Scroll down to Graph No 5.

safespeed.org.uk/serious2.html

This is a website that is also against the ancient and anachronistic 40mph limit for LGVs on all A roads.

Of course, I disapprove :wink:

I approve :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Having once had a 290 ERF fitted with a coach diff, I know that it is only too easy to reach speeds that at 38 tonnes, never mind 44 tonnes ,will not allow any room for error :blush:

having said that I firmly believe there is a need for a 30-45 second overide from 56-60 mph in order to allow realistic overtaking manouvers, and in case of needing that little bit of go to get out unexpected trouble :open_mouth:

Set speed definitely too low. Modern trucks with modern abs brakes, asc etc should be able to go faster safely. Set speeds show be increased by 10 kph for lorries and coaches - 95 kph for trucks, 110 kph for coaches.

V8KARLV8:

Hehe, I always thought IRL stood for “I Run Legal” but I was told only last week that it stands for “I Race Lorries” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vince

Vince:

V8KARLV8:

Hehe, I always thought IRL stood for “I Run Legal” but I was told only last week that it stands for “I Race Lorries” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vince

Well a lot of the southerners are cutting back :exclamation:

I approve but also think they should be set at 60mph as this is the legal speed limit on motorways.

see below :smiley:

Nice one layno :laughing: :wink:

They are a good idea. Apart from the fact all you do is sit on them (Which is why I think Dratsabasti website graph has gone up so much). Maybee they can engineer them so they kick in a 60 and cut the power untill you fall back to 50. This would stop drivers sitting on them while still being able to maintain progress.

The thing that no-one seems to pick up on is better fuel economy achieved with limiters set to 55-ish.I never hear the man who pays for the diesel complaining!

I canr t see em catching on!