Speed limiters and 3.5-7.5tonners

Would I be right in assuming that according to this document :

vosa.gov.uk/vosa/publication … 0dates.pdf

all new (05 and later) lorries weighing more than 3.5 tons must have a limiter set at 90 kph? I’m still getting overtaken by 05 plated light lorries.

Dave

Vehicles over 3500 kg do need a limiter fitted if registered after Jan 1 2005, but if they are only used in the UK it does not to be calibrated down to 90km/h until 2008. If used over the water then the limiter needs to be set to 90 km/h now. That page from VOSA in your link explains all I think. Just need very good eyesight to read it :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Thats my understanding but I may be wrong…

Calv

Calv:
Dave

Vehicles over 3500 kg do need a limiter fitted if registered after Jan 1 2005, but if they are only used in the UK it does not to be calibrated down to 90km/h until 2008. If used over the water then the limiter needs to be set to 90 km/h now. That page from VOSA in your link explains all I think. Just need very good eyesight to read it :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Thats my understanding but I may be wrong…

Calv

Your right. I need glasses :stuck_out_tongue:

Funny how the puddle jumpers are still using the outside lane too, that’s been in since jan!

Why bring in these rules and regs if someone isn’t going to clamp down and enforce them■■?

ho hum

:unamused:

tiggz:
Funny how the puddle jumpers are still using the outside lane too, that’s been in since jan!

Why bring in these rules and regs if someone isn’t going to clamp down and enforce them■■?

ho hum

:unamused:

Tiggz

Puddlejumpers are only banned from lane 3 if they have got a 90 kph limiter working. I still use lane 3 when I’m driving ours and my collar hasn’t been felt yet.

I hope/think this is correct.

Calv

AFAIK even the ban on limited 7.5 tonners is still at the proposal stage and has yet to take effect. I’m not 100% sure on this although they are not amongst the banned vehicles mentioned in the current highway code (except if towing a trailer)