Speed Limit

Looks like the ministers are upping the speed limits to 50 from 40 on rural roads, also upping the duel carriageway speed to 60 for hgv

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … 50mph.html

It’ll never happen. Brake will make sure of it.

Left hand down!:
It’ll never happen. Brake will make sure of it.

will they? they tried too get the a9 trial that starts in october halted but were unsuccessful.

Praise Jesus. Won’t happen though, too many Cretins.

Will it be all rural roads or just the more faster straighter ones such as bye passes ?

Just been announced on radio 2 news that single carriage speed limit has been raised to 50mph. Get in

But when will it take affect■■?

Nezza:

Already in effect, according to some of our fellow drivers.

I dont mind sticking to 40 all day long

Just heard this myself on radio. Countrywide too not just the A9. How she was saying it on the radio too me it has already been sanctioned to happen

Tesco will still do 36

Re the A9 … ‘IF’ they up the speed limit to 50 for trucks will that be at the same time the average speed cameras come on line or what ■■

Great, means you’re fine to sit on the limiter!

10% + 2 mph = 57!

Nezza:

My Honourable Friend, the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Transport, (Claire Perry), has today (24 July 2014) announced that the government is proposing, following a public consultation, to increase the national speed limit for heavy goods vehicles of more than 7.5 tonnes on single carriageways from 40 mph to 50 mph.

This change will be implemented via a change in the law to be put to Parliament during the next few months, with implementation scheduled for early 2015. The existing 40 mph limit continues to apply until the change has been put into effect. The amended speed limit will cover single carriageway roads outside built up areas in England and Wales, unless specific lower local speed limits are in effect.

commercialmotor.com/latest-news/ … h-to-50mph

darren23:
Tesco will still do 36

They care about our Safety !!!

Some roads round here I don’t want to drive at 50 in a truck on.

Radar19:
Some roads round here I don’t want to drive at 50 in a truck on.

That’s ok for you then as it’s an upper limit and you can drive slower if you wish. You are free (as you have always been) to drive at a speed you consider appropriate for the road and conditions.

Great to see the cyclists have already condemned truck drivers. According to some we’re already going to be squashing more cyclists, pedestrians and horses and it’s not even been a change in law yet.

A welcome move after the trial on the A9 although I’m not getting all excited just yet I feel this will pass through without much opposition apart from the usual suspects.

I would like to see that some onus is put on the large vehicle to assist overtaking vehicles by slowing down if they feel it is safe and necessary to do so, sure we do this already :wink:

The average seasoned overtaker will have no issue’s passing a large vehicle going a whopping 10 mph faster but the unseasoned ones may need a little help from time to time.

By help i don’t mean the old left hand indicator flash as this can cause more trouble if it goes wrong.

and . :open_mouth: .its a limit not a target :unamused: but you’ll still have the Nobs trying to push it faster :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: